Do you want the mystic alluring appeal on your lovely brown eyes? You must know the right eyeliners to use. In this article, you have a chance to learn about the best eyeliner for brown eye color, eyeliners to avoid if you have this eye color, how to apply them and tips, which will differentiate you from the rest of the crowd. Some of the questions that will be answered as we discussed this article include the following:
- What eyeliner is best for brown eye color?
- What are some of the colored eye liner colors to use if you are brown eyed?
- Can you Use blue eyeliners brown eye color
- What are some of the best eye liner color for brown eyes?
- Can you use brown eye liner on brow eyes?
Highlighting your brown eyes with the correct eyeliners can make them stunning and have an exotic look. However, incorrect use of eyeliner could make them dull and unnoticeable. This is why you must know what eyeliner color for to use. It all begins with choosing the right color. Why? Choosing the correct eyeliner color will not only make your eyes standout but also hide some of the facial features that might not be the most attractive. However, you need to know your exact brown eye color because these eye colors range from dark browns (close to black), medium browns, light browns, all the way to hazel eye color.
People who have dark brown eyes will look great with darker eyeliner shades, those with medium brown are lucky since they will look great with almost any eyeliner shade while those with lighter shades of brown eyes should avoid too much dramatic looks since this can overpower their eyes, diminish them instead of making them standout.
Best eyeliner for Brown Eyes
The main objective of using eyeliner is to accentuate your eyes. What you call the best eyeliner color for these eye color will be depend on if you want a natural, dramatic, or classic looks.
Brown eye color exude earth’s base glow with alluring aura and exoticism and they are definitely much better looking than other eye colors like hazel, blue, violet, grey, amber, purple or green. Furthermore, brown is a neutral color. This makes it to standout with most types of eye liner colors. Generally, the best eyeliner to go for include the following:
Best Blue eyeliners for Brown Eye Color
- Jordana Easyliner Retractable Pencil for Eyes Sterling Blue
- Colorbar i-Glide Glowing Sapphire
- Diana of London Longwear – Blue
- MAC Hi-Def Cyan Chromagraphic Pencil
Best Deep navy blue for Brown Eyes
- Mac Cosmetics Powerpoint Eye Pencil Prussian
- MAC Marine Ultra Chromagraphic Pencil
- GOSH Long Lasting Eye Liner Pen 007 Navy Blue
- Faces Canada Long Wear Eye Pencil Navy Blue
Best Gray Eye liners for Brown Eye Color
- L’Oreal Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Gray
- Precision Liquid Eyeliner Smokey Gray
- Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Glam Rock
- Dolce & Gabbana Intense Liquid – in Baroque Silver
Best Navy blue Eye liner color for Brown Eye Color
- GOSH Long Lasting Eye Liner Pen 007 Navy Blue
- Maybelline Navy Blue, LASplash Cosmetics Liquid
- Navy Blue, Faces Canada Long Wear Eye Pencil Navy Blue
Best Black Eye liner for Brown Eyes
- Shiseido Black Noir Smoothing Pencil
- MAC Black Black Chromagraphic Pencil
- Bobbi Black Kohl Eye Liner
- MAC Black Black Chromagraphic Pencil
Best Green Eye liners for Brown Eye color
- CoverGirl LiquiLineBlast Pencil in Green Glow
- Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting – in Jade
- Dolce & Gabbana The Crayon Intense in Green Almond
- Sephora Jumbo Liner 12HR WearWaterproof in Green
- NYX Slim Eye pencil in Emerald City.
Best Plum and Purple Eyeliner for Brow Eyes
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Lust
- Milani Infinite Liquid – in Endless
- Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eye Liner in Perfect Purple
- NYX Slide On – in Purple Blaze
- M.A.C. Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Bordeauxline.
If you particularly want a softer and warmer expressive look, the following eyeliners will look best:
- Golden browns
- Deep red plums
- Other warm tones
While choosing the best them, you are not limited to only warm tones. Cool tones could make you look expressive and exotic. Some of the cool eyeliner tones you should try include the following:
- Turquoise color
- Taupe color
- Dark metal gray eye liner etc.
Eyeliners to Avoid If You Have Brown Eyes
If you have these eye color, there are some colors of eyeliners, which can make you look ridiculous.
- Light Pink and Mauves shades – Your eyes will appear as if they are swollen and quite puffy.
- Cool shades of purple – they will contrast with your skin tone, especially for women who have skin with yellow tones.
How to Apply Eyeliner for brown eyes
You have seen some of the best brands. It is time you know how to apply eyeliner for brown eye color. The steps given on how to apply them are general and if you want specific ones, you need to know the form you are using. People who are using gel eyeliner might not follow exact steps compared to those using glitter, kohl or powder eyeliners.
However, the general ways on how to apply brown eyes eyeliners are as follow:
- Begin by applying other eye makeup including foundation, under eye concealer and eyeshadow. For the case of eyeshadow, they should be well matching with the liner you are about to use.
- Go in front of a mirror and steadily apply your liner using your dominant hand. You could rest your elbow on firm surface if you are a bit shaky.
- Slightly pull your eyelid (do not overdo as it will cause under eye wrinkles) to make them firm and using dots or a continuous line, apply your eyeliner. Exact details will be dependent on the form of eye liner you are using. The common form include cake, glitter, gel, liquid, kohl, among many others.
- While applying your it, the exact effect you will bring will be dependent on your taste as you could choose to apply on the entire length of your lash line, begin a distance from your inner eye corner, etc.
It is however advisable you apply the eyeliner in a thin consistent line running from the inner corner of your eyes to the outer. It should be as close to the lash base as possible. Smokey brown eyes might require you to smudge it a bit while some people often choose to apply the eyeliner on the large part of the lower eyelid. It is all about what you like.
Four Effects You Can Bring Using Eyeliner for Brown Eyes
The above steps for applying are just but the basic. If you want, you can create special effects that will add charm to your looks. Some of the common effects you can create include the following:
1. Natural Effect
If you want a natural effect, you should use light shades of eyeliner, which match your brown eye color closely. Champagne and peaches will be ideal. You should choose matching eyeshadow colors too. Going for such a makeup will make your brown eyes to appear larger and as well as drawing their natural color. Do not use black eyeliner, as this will overwhelm your eye color.
2. Drama Effect
You could use these eye liners to make them more dramatic. This will require you applying thick lines using dark shades. Dark grays will be good while the rest of your face makeup should be neutral.
3. Metallic Ultramodern Look
4. Glittery Tones
If you are interested in glittering tones, you should opt for pink and bright peaches. They will make your eyes brighter making the brown eye color lighter. You can also use them with glittering tones of colored eyeshadow too. Using such eyeliners on your upper eyelid will make your eyes to appear much brighter and wider.
Eyeliner for Brown Eyes Video Guide and Tips
Brown Eyes Eyeliner Tips
You have seen the best eyeliner for brown eyes as well as ways on how to apply them. However, that alone might not be enough. You need the below tips to ensure you are amazing. These tips is what differentiates professionals from ordinary people.
- If you want a natural look on your eyes, you should mildly smudge your eyeliner edge to ensure it is smoothly fading away.
- Using dots and joining them is ideal for people who are new or want a straight line.
- If you have close-set eyes, you should opt for a more intense line but much more thinner.
- People with wide set eyes can highlight the inner corners and emphasis the outer corners to make their eyes look closer.
- Pencil eyeliners work best for lower eyelid as it will not smudge.
- If you are using a brush to apply your eye liner, ensure it has a very thin tip if you want a consistent and thin line.
- If you find black eyeliners too harsh, you should try using deep browns, charcoal and plum eyelines as a good alternative.
Other than the above best eyeliner for brown eyes, you are at liberty to try any other color shade you find attractive. However, as you do so, it should be able to accentuate your eyes and make them standout. There are people who always find champagne, peach, eggplant, etc to be great. Furthermore, you could also try blending two or three eyeliner for an expressive look.
Also See Popular Eyeliner Colors
- Best Eyeliner Colors – Common Eye Liner Colors
- Brown Eyeliner – Best Types, When and How to Apply Brown Eye liner
- White Eyeliner – Ways How to Use, Secrets, Tips, Advices and Best White Eyeliners
- Black Eyeliner – Best Brands, Shades, Choosing, How to Use and Apply Black Eye Liner
- Blue Eyeliner Guide – Best Brands, Tips and How to Wear Blue Eyeliners
- Best Eyeliners for Blue Eyes – What Eye Liners to Use for Blue Eyes
Also See Popular Eyeliner Types
- Liquid Eyeliner – How to Apply Liquid Eye Liner, Best Brands and Tips
- Glitter Eyeliner –Pros, Cons, Tips, Best Brands and How Apply Glitter Eye Liners
- Permanent Eyeliner or Tattooed eyeliner – What they Are, Benefits and Risks
- Best Eyeliners – Types and the Best Eye Liners
- Gel Eyeliner/Cream Eyeliner – Pros, Cons, Tips, Best Brands and How to Apply Cream Eye
- Kohl Eyeliner Pencil/Kajal Eyeliner – Pros, Cons, Tips, Best Types and How to Apply Kohl Eyeliner
- Pencil Eyeliner – Pros, Cons, Best Brands and How to Apply Pencil Eye Liners
- Best Waterproof Eyeliners – Pros and Cons Water Proof Eyeliners
Also See General on Eyeliners
- Cat Eye Eyeliner/Winged Eyeliner – How to Do a Cat Eye Liner and Best Looks
- Best Eyeliner Brush Reviews – How to Choose and Best Types
- How to Apply Eyeliner – Tips, Secrets and Best Eye Liner Types