Do you find lining your eyes a daunting task? Maybe it the brush you are using that makes everything difficult. Learn about how to choose eyeliner brush as well as get some of the best eyeliner brushes reviews. You will also cover types such as angled, flat, gel, bent as well as a few tips that can ensure everything goes on smoothly.
Different eyeliner brushes can bring different effects on your eyes. Depending on the type of choose, you can easily create bold, drama, soft, medium or any other look you want on your eyes. However, you need to know how to choose the best eye liner brushes that will help you achieve the kind of lash line you need. So how do you choose an them?
How to Choose Eyeliner Brush – Types of Eye liner Brushes
When it comes to choosing them, it all depends on a number of factors. Different types that will draw certain types of lines much better than others. To let you know how to choose the best brands and types, we will discuss some of the common types of eyeliner brushes available in the market.
Tight line/Flat Eyeliner Brushes – For people who want to draw a tight line, they should go for a very thin flat shaded eyeliner brush. It will make it very easy to apply eyeliner between your eyelashes. Furthermore, it could be from synthetic or natural fiber provided its bristles are strong enough to retain a firm shape. Tight line/Flat brushes will work best with powder, cream/gel and cake eyeliners. Whenever you are using such a brush, you need to avoid liquid eyeliners. Some examples of flat eye liner brushes include the following:
- Laura Mercier Flat Eye Liner Brush
- ULTA Pro Flat
- Avon – mark Flat
- e.l.f. Studio Flat
Fine Flick/Bent eyeliner brushes – If you want to make a thin line that flickers outwards on your outer corner such as when you are creating cat eye eyeliner, you should go for bent one. Such brushes will give you much control, fluidity and movement. You can draw your lines as strokes (thin and short) until you get the line you want. It works best for cream, cake, gel and liquid eyeliners. the following are examples of fine flick or bent eye liner brushes:
- Sonia Kashuk Bent Eye Liner Brushes
- the Bdellium Tools Professional Makeup Brush Green Bambu Series – Bent Eyeliner 708
- MUG Bent Liner Brushes
- Bent Eye Liner Brusesh – Avon
- Beauty Wise Bamboo Bent
Angled Eyeliner Brush –Creating dramatic eyeliner looks like the cat’s eye requires one to have an angled brush. This brush allows you easily to control the shape you want to achieve because it has a tilted sharp design. You can create very precise cat’s eye wings as well as thick ones. Some of the common angled eyeliners include the following.
- The MAC 263 Small Angle Brushes
- Professional Studio Angled
- Pro Angled #23
- Motives Angled
- Angled Brow & Liner Brushes
10 Best Eyeliner Brush Review
You have seen ways of choosing eye liner brushes. It is important we look at some of the best eyeliner brush reviews to make everything much easier for you. We will not of course cover every best eye liner brushes but will have most of those that are popular and have high rating and many positive reviews.
This is the most highly rated and popular brand from Bobbi Brown Cosmetics – Here is what the manufacturer says about this brand. “Easy to hold and control, this slim, tapered Ultra Fine… creates a flawless line. The brush hairs are finely pointed and tightly packed for precise application”. Read more on Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine reviews. The other amazing Bobbi Brown brands is the Smokey Eye liner Brush.
2. MAC 210 Precise Eye Liner Brush Review
MAC cosmetics are a leader not in just eye liner brushes but general cosmetic products. From the manufacturers website, this is what is said about the brush “For precision lining of eye area or body detailing/design. It has smooth, synthetic fibers of just the right length and density for lining the eyes. M•A•C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials”. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules. Buy MAC 210 Precise Eye Liner Brush. There are other MAC brushes, which include MAC 209 , MAC 211 Pointed, and MAC 212 flat definer, among many others.
3. Laura Mercier Flat Eye Liner Brush Review
Laura Mercier is has several classic brushes including the Flat. To be particular on this type, as the manufacturer says “ Contains synthetic, firm bristles narrowing to a thin, flat line to ensure the most exact placement of Eye Liner”, this is a handy brand which you must not miss having. Read more on Laura Flat Review to get to know more about it before you invest your money on it. Other great brushes from Laura Mercier include Laura Mercier Smoky Eye Liner Brushes, Laura Mercier Pointed Eye Liner Brush, and Laura Mercier Fine Point Eye Liner Brushes.
4. Sonia Kashuk® Core Tools Bent Eye liner Brush Review
If you love bent brushes, this one is a must have. According to the manufacturer of this brush, “the bent shape works with the natural contour of your eye to deliver a smooth, straight line every time.” Read more on Sonia Kashuk® Core Tools Bent reviews. Other great eye liner brushes from Sonia Kashuk include the Synthetic Pointed and Large Angled. Sonia Kashuk have a large range of other brushes
5. The E.L.F. Studio Angled Eye liner Brush Review
If you want to try an angled brand, you have to try the E.L.F. Studio Angled Eyeliner brush. As the manufacturer says, “This new anti-bacterial, synthetic-haired Taklon brush is softer and more absorbent and can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create a flawless look with this e.l.f. Studio brush! This thin pointed brush creates even and accurate color application in one fluid movement. The perfect angled tip of the brush provides exact placement for concentrated color right up to the lash line. Use to apply eyeliner for perfect color application” is exactly what you will get. Read more on E.L.F. Studio Angled reviews. The other great eyeliner form this manufacturer is the e.l.f. Essential Eye liner Brushes.
6. Smashbox Arced Eye liner Brush 21 Review
Smashbox is one of the leading manufacturers of beauty cosmetics and other products. As they say on their website about the Smashbox Arced Eyeliner 21, “apply liner like a pro with our best-selling precision brush. The same bush head as our popular #8 with an ergonomic bend to conform to the shape of eyes, providing better control, flawless application in one quick easy stroke”. Read more on Smashbox Arced 21 Reviews. Other great brushes from Smashbox includes Smashbox Cream Eye liner Couture Cream , Smashbox Precision Cream 28 Narrow Head, and Smashbox precision #28.
7. Bamboo Angled Eye liner Brush Review
Another best eye liner brush you should try is the Bamboo Angled from Ecotools. According to the manufacturer, “create a perfect cat eye or use every day with our ultra-flat angled. Its angled, cruelty-free taklon brush head creates an effortless, clean line along your lashes… features a recycled aluminum ferrule, a sleek bamboo handle, and is packaged in our zip-top reusable pouch”. Read more on Bamboo Angled Review. Another great Ecotools brand you should try is the Bamboo Smudge.
8. Sephora Collection Pro Angled Eye liner Brush #23 Review
This is an amazing brush form Sephora. According to the manufacturer, the “A firm, slanted eyeliner brush with a tapered point for perfect application. Achieve a variety of natural to dramatic eye liner looks with this thin-tipped. The fine, tapered point fits perfectly along the lash line and the angled, synthetic bristles provide ultimate line precision every time”. Read more on Sephora Collection Pro Angled Review. Other great great brands from Sephora include Sephora Collection Classic Angled Liner #15, Sephora Collection Pro Bent Liner #23, Sephora Collection Pro Gel Liner #26, Sephora Collection Pro Smoky Liner #24, Sephora Collection Pro Flat Liner #25 and Sephora Collection I.T. Angled Brushes.
9. Mark Flat Eyeliner Brush Review
One of the best flat eyeliners you can buy is the Mark Flat Eyeliner Brush, which is said to be for “Drawing a precise line on the eyelid, as well as smudging liners and shadows”. This is one of the highest rated brushes in the market with almost everyone who has tried it giving it a 100% rating. Read more on Mark Flat Reviews . This flat brand is one of the easiest to use as all you need is to “dip it in dark eye liner, and then run it along the lash line for a diffused, smoky look”
10. Paula’s Choice Precision Liner Brush
Finally to close the list of the 10 best eyeliner brushes, we have the Paula’s Choice Precision. It is described as follows by the manufacturer: “Sleek, tapered shape allows for almost limitless lining options, perfect for use with cream or gel-based eyeliners, excellent for precisely filling in and shaping the brows, create a fine, thin line with the tip or use the side of the brush for a thicker line, made of durable Taklon fibers for smooth application when used wet or dry and 5 inches long from handle tip to brush head”. Read more on Paula’s Choice Precision Liner Brush Review. Another best brand from this manufacturer is the Paula’s Choice Eye liner Brushes.
Other Best Eyeliner Brushes
The list of best eyeliner brushes is endless and it will not be easy to mention every best type available in the market. Some of the other best brushes include the following:
- Sigma E65 Small Angle
- Japonesque Travel Angled
- Paula’s Choice Precision
- Bdellium Tools Professional Makeup Green Bambu Series – Bent 708
- Bare Escentuals
- DUAL-END LINER & SMUDGER – #24
- Classic Angled Liner #15
- SEPHORA COLLECTION Classic Flat Liner #16
- Dual-End Liner & Smudger – #24
- Ultra Fine
Not to overemphasis, the above list is not ultimate. It is only a representation of some of the highly rated brands. You need to read as many eyeliner brush reviews, rating and see customer comments before you invest your money on any type or brand.
General Eyeliner Brush Tips, Advice and Secrets
How you are going to use your brand or the type you have chosen depends on a number of things, which include the kind of lash line you want to achieve, the form and type of eyeliner you are using. However, some of the important eyeliner brush tips, secrets and advice you should follow include the following:
- Always start with clean brushes and the moment you have finished using it, clean it. Any trace from the previous eyeliner will interfere with your final look even if it is used with the same makeup due to environmental factors and oxidation.
- Always use the right type. If it is not supposed to be used with gel eyeliner for instance, it is wise not to use it for gel eyeliner.
- Ensure the bristles are still firm and straight if you want to get the best result. Replace any of your brushes whose bristles are no longer straight.
How to use any eyeliner brush will be restricted to the type of eye liners and brushes you will be using. The above best eyeliner brush review should be a guide in choosing the brand you want. It is good to ensure you read several user reviews before you spent your money on such a type and brand to avoid being disappointed.
Also See Popular Eyeliner Colors
- Best Eyeliner Colors – Common Eye Liner Colors
- Brown Eyeliner – Best Types, When and How to Apply Brown Eye liner
- White Eyeliner – Ways How to Use, Secrets, Tips, Advices and Best White Eyeliners
- Black Eyeliner – Best Brands, Shades, Choosing, How to Use and Apply Black Eye Liner
- Blue Eyeliner Guide – Best Brands, Tips and How to Wear Blue Eyeliners
- Best Eyeliners for Blue Eyes – What Eye Liners to Use for Blue Eyes
- Eyeliner for Brown Eyes – Best Brands, Tips and how to Apply Eyeliners for Brown Eyes
Also See Popular Eyeliner Types
- Liquid Eyeliner – How to Apply Liquid Eye Liner, Best Brands and Tips
- Glitter Eyeliner –Pros, Cons, Tips, Best Brands and How Apply Glitter Eye Liners
- Permanent Eyeliner or Tattooed eyeliner – What they Are, Benefits and Risks
- Best Eyeliners – Types and the Best Eye Liners
- Gel Eyeliner/Cream Eyeliner – Pros, Cons, Tips, Best Brands and How to Apply Cream Eye
- Kohl Eyeliner Pencil/Kajal Eyeliner – Pros, Cons, Tips, Best Types and How to Apply Kohl Eyeliner
- Pencil Eyeliner – Pros, Cons, Best Brands and How to Apply Pencil Eye Liners
- Best Waterproof Eyeliners – Pros and Cons Water Proof Eyeliners
Also See General on Eyeliners
- Cat Eye Eyeliner/Winged Eyeliner – How to Do a Cat Eye Liner and Best Looks
- How to Apply Eyeliner – Tips, Secrets and Best Eye Liner Types