Wondering what is an eyeshadow Primer? Learn what are, their role, some of the best eyeshadow primer brands available in the market, and homemade or how to make them. You will also have a chance to know how to use them and some tips and advises.
Of Course, eyeshadow or eyelid primers are a must! How many times have you perfectly applied your eyeshadow but it disappeared, smudged or faded after just a few hours? This could be very disappointing. Did you use a good primer? This could be the reason!
Eyelid primer, eyeshadow primer your just eye primer refers
to the eye makeup cream, powder or emulsion which is often applied on the eyelid area to prepare your eye for application of eye shadow. In most instances, eyeprimers are neutral and invincible due to their neutral color or tones that resemble your skin color. Eyelid primers have a number of roles the play and thus, ensure you have a gotten one of the best brands for your use.
Why You Should Apply Eyeshadow Primer
Although some people might want to ignore using eye shadow primers, they have many important roles they do that include the following:
- Acts as a barrier between your eye shadow and eyelids i.e. your eye makeup does not come into direct contact with your eyelid skin surface.
- They seal your oily skin or protect any oil your skin might produce from reaching your eyeshadow. This often ensures that it does not smudge, migrate or collect on the eye creases, thus your eye shadows will be long lastingand does not fade.
- They create a smooth and even canvas surface to ensure easy application of eyeshadow is easy and you get a consistent layer.
- A good brand should make blending much easier.
- They add shimmer or mattify your eyeshadows.
- They help in hiding veins on your eyelid as well as make your skin tone even and consistent.
- Some primers act as eye shadow base where they help intensify your eye shadow color.
It is worthwhile to note that their benefits are not limited to only eye shadows but also eyeshadow bases and eyeliners.
Best eyeshadow primer – Top Brands
There are many types of eye shadow primers in the market. It is not easy to come up with one list and say these are some of the best brands in the market. You also need to compare prices of various eyeshadow primers and go for what suits your pocket size. However, after our intensive research and reviewing of the various eyelid shadow primers in the market, we came up with the below list as some of these best eye shadow primers in the market. The list is not all-inclusive and should not be use to endorse any particular product.
- Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essentials
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Lid Lines
- LORAC Behind The Scenes Eye
- Smashbox Photo Finish Lid
- Amazing Cosmetics
- MAC Prep + Prime Eye
- 100% All Natural Mineral
- Magic Vegan
- Paula Dorf Eye
- Lancome Aquatique Waterproof Eyecolour Base
- Smashbox Layer Lash
- Blinc Lash
- Clinique Lash Building
- Mary Kay
- E.L.F. Studio Eye Primer & Liner Sealer
- 4Laura Mercier Eye Basics
- Lancome Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base
- MAC Prep + Prime Lash
You deserve to know that they come in slightly varying shades to will best match your skin tone and make your eyeshadow more vibrant. However, their main purpose is not to make your eyeshadow vibrant but to do all the roles seen above. To avoid getting disappointed, you need to ensure you have read several reviews from users for each type of the above best eye shadow primer before investing your money on them.
Homemade Eyeshadow Primer- How to Make
If you are tired of buying these primer, you want to save since Urban Decay, or Two Faced brands are so expensive, you can make one easily i.e. your own homemade eyeshadow primer that will have properties just like those eye primers you will buy.
To make them, you need to take a small amount of liquid under eye concealer or foundation and add the same amount of moisturizer before stir thoroughly. In you want your homemade eyeprimer to look darker, add more foundation. On the other hand, if you want your homemade eye primer to look lighter, add more moisturizer. This is how to make them!
How to Use Eyeshadow Primers
Eyeshadow primers are used on the upper eyelid surface as well as the lower area and they are applied just before you apply your eyeshadow. Most of eyelid shadow primers come in small tubs or tubes and they are applied using either wand which as a soft end or a brush. You can even use your concealer brush in applying them.
How to Apply Eyeshadow Primers – Tutorials and How to Put on
You have seen the significance of using eye primers and you do not want to miss them out. Furthermore, after seeing the list of the best brands, you must have taken time to read reviews before you could buy what you deemed best. Now is the time to apply eyeshadow primer. Application of eyelid shadow primers is one of the easiest things to do on earth. Here are the steps:
- Take a clear eye primer brush, concealer brush or makeup wand and dip it into your primer (or apply the it onto its surface depending on the form your eyeprimer comes in.)
- Gently apply the eyelid shadow primer on your upper and lower eyelids. You need to apply only a single consistent layer and do not repeat on top of places you have already applied.
- Wait it to dry before you can go to applying other eye makeup. Some makeup artists recommend applying eyeshadow while it is still wet.
Eyeshadow primer Tips, Secrets and Advices
You might buy one of the best brands in the market but if you use it incorrectly, you will not have the best of results you desire. By following the below eyeshadow primer tips, secrets and advices and following the above procedure of applying them, success is guaranteed.
- Apply thin layers – eyelid primer have a tendency of drying quickly. Ensure you quickly apply only a single consistent layer quickly. Once it has dried, it should form a smooth thin canvas.
- If you have used some of the best brand and on applying your eye shadow things do not end up as good as you expected, you might have done one of the below mistakes which you need to correct:
- The eyeprimer you have applied is not sufficient to give protection to your oily eyelid.
- You applied to much or too little and you need to redo the whole process again.
- You are using a poor quality eyeshadow (poor does not mean low priced)
- You might be allergic with the ingredients of the brand you are using and you might need to change it.
You have covered the most important aspects of eye shadow primers, which include their significance, some of the best brands and how to use them successfully. You will find them very important in humid conditions as well as avoiding your eyeshadow from forming creases when you blink. They could also make your eye shadows quite dramatic and irresistible!
Also See on Eyeshadow Makeup
- How to Apply Eyeshadow – Tips, Choosing and Putting On Eye Shadows
- How to Make Eyeshadow – Steps and Tips for Homemade Eye Shadow
- Best Eyeshadow Reviews – Different Best Eye Shadows Types and Rankings
- Eyeshadow Base – Tips, Best Brands and How to Apply Eye Shadow Base
- Choosing Best Eyeshadow Palette – Tips and Best Eye Shadow Palette
You May Also Like Types of Eyeshadow Makeup
- Best Glitter Eyeshadow – Tips, Choosing, How to Apply Glitter Eye Shadows
- Best Matte Eyeshadow Guide – Tips, How to Blend and Apply Matte Eye Shadows
- Best Mineral Eyeshadow Guide – Benefits, Cons, Tips, How to Apply Mineral Eye Shadows
- How to Apply Cream Eyeshadow – Tips, Choosing, Best Crème Eyeshadow
See Best Eyeshadow Makeup Colors
- How to Choose Eyeshadow Colors – Tips, Choosing Right Eyeshadow Makeup
- How to Use Green Eyeshadow –Tips, Best Brands, Choosing, Apply Green Eye Shadow
- Pink eyeshadow Guide – Tips, Choosing, Best and How to Apply Pink Eyeshadow
- How to Apply Gold Eyeshadow –Best Brands, Tips, How to Choose Gold Eye Shadows
- How Apply Red Eyeshadow –Best Brands, Choosing and Tips for Red Eye Shadows
- Best Purple Eyeshadow – How to Apply, Choosing, Tips for Purple Eye Shadow
- Best Blue Eyeshadow – How to Choose, Match and Apply Blue Eye Shadows
- Best Black eyeshadow – Best Brands, Tips, Choosing, How to Apply Black Eyeshadow
- Best Brown Eyeshadow – Tips, Wearing and How to Apply Brown Eyeshadow
- Best Eyeshadow for Blue Eyes – Tips, Choosing, Buying, Using Blue Eyes Eyeshadow and Eyeliner
- Best Eyeshadow for Brown Eyes – Choosing, Tips, How to Apply Brown Eyes Eye Shadows
- Best Eyeshadow for Green eyes –Choosing, Tips and How to Use Green Eyes Eyeshadow
- Best Eyeshadow for Hazel Eyes Colors –Tips, Choosing, How to Apply