If you want to get the exact color shades and look gorgeous, eyeshadow palette should be your number one option to go for. In this discussion, you will know basic information about them, some of the best eyeshadow palette that will include best matte, 120, 88, quads, trio, professional, custom, empty, tips and best eye shadow palettes among many others.
What is an Eyeshadow Palette?
If you use several eyeshadow shades, you might need to have an eyeshadow palette. For those who are new to them, they refers to cases (compact) with eyeshadows organized in individual pans put together. An palette can carry anything from a few to dozens or even going beyond a hundred different eye shadow pans.
Custom Eyeshadow Palette
Most manufactures often sale eye shadow palettes, which have colors that can be used together. You could also have an one customized to the colors you use. Customizable eyes
hadow palettes allow people to select color combinations according to their preferences. You will get an empty case and buy the eye shadow colors you like instead of buying pre-stocked palette that might contain some colors and shades you do not need.
Personal Smaller Eyeshadow Palette
Smaller palettes such as the drug store palettes often has fewer shades which are used together, around 3 to 5 eyeshadow colors usually worn together in to highlight different parts including inner and outer eye corners, creases, eyelids, brow bone, etc see how to apply eyeshadow. They are small and highly portable.
Larger Professional Eyeshadow Palette
There are larger ones can be considered as professional eyeshadow palette, which allow you to pack more eye shadow colors, and you can use them to create various looks. They are often arranged according to their textures or color shades for easy identification. Some of these types might contain every color as well as all the neutral eyeshadows. They are ideal for makeup artists since casual users might not need the many colors they have.
Single Color Shades Vs Multi – Color Eyeshadow Palettes
If you want all the shades of a certain eyeshadow color, you will get palettes which are devoted to a single color family where it will have several shades of for instance pink, cream, black, blue, grey, taupe and so on. A blue eye shadow palette could have teal, royal, pales, turquoise, etc.
Finally, some of them might have compartments, which will enable you to arrange the various eye shadow colors the way you want, even if the eyeshadow pans are of different sizes.
Empty Eyeshadow Palette – Choosing the Best Eyeshadow Palette
If you are looking for an empty eyeshadow palette you can use to keep your eyeshadows, you need to look at the mechanism of opening and closing, and if it is proprietary to a single brand, or you could use it for several brands. Most companies that make empty eyeshadow palettes make them in a way to ensure they can fit their eyeshadow pan brands only. Finally, ensure the specific type of eye shadow palette you have gone for will be able to protect your eyeshadow and securely cover it.
Refilling Your Eyeshadow Palette
Once some or all the eyeshadow in your eye shadow palette has been exhausted, you should not dispose it. You only need to go to your brand manufacturer and request for a refill. You might want to change color shades during refilling because there could be some discontinued or new products you try. If you are using the same brands, refilling will be much easier. During refilling, new eyeshadow is pressed into the eyeshadow pan using specialized machines. Let us now look at the common brands.
Best Eye shadow Palette Trio
This eye shadow palette has three colors (three pans with three different colors). The colors could be used together or separately. However, in most instances, they are used together. Some of the best eyeshadow palettes that come in trios include the following.
- NYX Trio Aloha/Mink Brown/Deep Bronze
- Colorbar Enchanting Trio
- Napoleon Perdis Trio
- Vivo Trio in Sugar Plum
- Lorac Bejeweled Take Two Trio
- Wet n Wild DreamWeaver ColorIcon Trio
- MUA Trio
- L.A. Colors 3 Color Orchid
- Clinique Totally Neutral trio
Best Eyeshadow Palette Quads
This contains four colors, which can be used either together or separately. When choose the best eyeshadow quad palettes, it all depends on your preference and facial features. People with green eyes will definitely use a different color as oppose to those with blue eyes for instance. Some of the eye shadow palettes that come in quads include the following:
- MAC Taste Temptation Quad
- Tom Ford Enchanted Quad
- L’Oreal Colour Riche Quad
- NYC ‘Best of Broadway’ Quad
- Chanel Raffinement Quad
- Physicians Formula Matte Collection Quad in Canyon Classic
- Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Quad #6 Boudoir
- Rimmel London Glam Quad
- L.A. Colors Baked Quad 422 Black Hole
- Chanel Intuition Quad
- Esprit Quad
Best Matte Eye shadow palettes
There are many brands. Compare prices for the various brands now. Otherwise, for those who do not like shimmery eyeshadows, they could go for matte eyeshadows. These are eyeshadows, which do not have any form of light reflectors. Read more on matte eye shadow palettes and how to use them. Some of the best matte eye shadow palettes include the following:
- 88 Color Matte
- Pro 88 Color Makeup Matte
- TheBalm Meet Matt(e)
- Too Faced Matte Collection
- Stila In The Know Review (Matte)
- The 88 Cool Matte
- Wet n Wild I Heart Matte
- 88 Color Original Matte
- Crush Cosmetics 88 Matte
- 88 Color Tropical Matte
- FASH Professional 88 Color – Matte and Shimmer Cosmetic
Best Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette
If you do not love matte eyeshadow or you want something that is a bit reflective and shiny, you should go for shimmer palettes. They often have some particles that reflect light and are ideal for evenings and night outs. They are often worn on the eyelids, brow bone and eye corners. Some of the best palettes in shimmer includes the following:
- MAC makeup Ultra Shimmer 88
- 88 Color Shimmer
- Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88
- Bh Cosmetics 88 Colors Cool Shimmer
- 96 Color #01 – COOL SHIMMER
- Multi color Mineralize makeup shimmer 6#
- Pro 88 Fashion Warm Color Shimmer
- osmetic Makeup 120-Color Shimmer Matte from DealExtreme
The Best 88 Eye shadow Palettes
This is only an illustration of some eye shadow palettes that have different numbers of eye shadow color pans. If you would love to own an 88 palette, there are quite a number in the market. Some of these 88 eyeshadow palettes include the following
- Coastal Scents 88 / Coastal Scents 88 Original
- 88 Matte
- SHANY Natural Fusion (88 Colors)
- Evelyn Cosmetics 88 Color Shimmer
- 88 Color Shimmer Palette [88SH]
- 88UVC – Special Edition 88 Color Matte Pink
- Sedona Lace 88 palettes
- Pro 88 Color Makeup Matte
The Best 120 Eyeshadow Palettes
If you want more eyeshadow, you could go for the best 120- eye shadow palette. Some of the best 120-brands include:
- Cosmetic Makeup 120-Color Shimmer Matte from DealExtreme
- MAC 120 Color Product
- Shany Ultimate Fusion (120 Color
Best Cream Eye shadow Palettes
You can also go for some of the best brands, which include the following:
- Mac Cream 12 Colors # 4
- Kryolan Shimmering Vision Cream Base
- NYX Glitter Cream Palette
- 15 Color Cream
- Saffron 100 Colour Cream
- Revlon Midnight Express Cream Palette
There are many best eyeshadow palettes types and brands that come in different number of colors from different manufactures. You need to know the color shades that each of these palettes has before you purchase it. Some of the best eye shadow palettes in general include the following
- 168 Pro Full Color
- 60 Color BH Day & Night
- 88 Color Shimmer : Metallic
- Bare Escentuals Get Started Eyes
- bareMinerals The Cocktail Hour
- Bobbi Brown Rich Caviar
- CARGO Essential
- Clinique Colour Surrge Quad
- Dior 5-Colour in Beige Massai
- E.L.F. 144-Piece Ultimate
- E.L.F. Studio Endless Eyes Pro
- Kat Von D True Romance
- Lancome Color Design Sensational Effects
- LORAC Red Carpet Reveal Eye & Cheek
- MAC 120 Color Product
- Sephora Disney Jasmine Storylook
- Sephora Primal Instincts
- Shany Ultimate Fusion (120 Color Eye shadow Palette
- URBAN DECAY Get Baked Eye Kit
- Urban Decay Naked Basics
- Urban Decay Vice
We are not endorsing any of the listed best eye shadow palettes. We reviewed a number of products available and come up with the above lists. They are not final and quite a number of best eye shadow palettes could have been omitted. You can give us more great brands in through you comments.
Eyeshadow Palette Tips
From the above discussion and the long list of some of the best brands you can purchase, it is time to look at some of the important eyeshadow palette tips.
- When going to refill your eye shadow palette, ensure you carry it along with you to ensure you get the exact match. Settle for matte if you want to wear the eyeshadow during the day or to your work place while shimmer will be ideal for evening casual functions.
- If you want to make a certain color of your eye shadow more intense, you could use distilled water to dampen your eye shadow brush.
- Unless you are a makeup artist, go for eye shadow palettes that are suitable for your eye color and facial features. There is no need of buying a huge eye shadow palette with 254 colors yet you will only use a few, sometimes less than 20.
We have looked at what palette eyeshadow are, how to choose a good one and refilling them. To help you quickly decide from the various brands available in the market, we have also given some of the best eye shadow palette in trios, quads, 88 colors, etc. When you buy one, you should decide whether you want one that has same color family or a wider range of colors. Those with many colors contain most if not all the common colors.
Also See on Eyeshadow Makeup
- How to Apply Eyeshadow – Tips, Choosing and Putting On Eye Shadows
- How to Make Eyeshadow – Steps and Tips for Homemade Eye Shadow
- Best Eyeshadow Reviews – Different Best Eye Shadows Types and Rankings
- Eyeshadow Base – Tips, Best Brands and How to Apply Eye Shadow Base
- Eyeshadow Primer – Tips, Best Brands, How Apply and Use How Eye Primers
You May Also Like Types of Eyeshadow Makeup
- Best Glitter Eyeshadow – Tips, Choosing, How to Apply Glitter Eye Shadows
- Best Matte Eyeshadow Guide – Tips, How to Blend and Apply Matte Eye Shadows
- Best Mineral Eyeshadow Guide – Benefits, Cons, Tips, How to Apply Mineral Eye Shadows
- How to Apply Cream Eyeshadow – Tips, Choosing, Best Crème Eyeshadow
See Best Eyeshadow Makeup Colors
- How to Choose Eyeshadow Colors – Tips, Choosing Right Eyeshadow Makeup
- How to Use Green Eyeshadow –Tips, Best Brands, Choosing, Apply Green Eye Shadow
- Pink eyeshadow Guide – Tips, Choosing, Best and How to Apply Pink Eyeshadow
- How to Apply Gold Eyeshadow –Best Brands, Tips, How to Choose Gold Eye Shadows
- How Apply Red Eyeshadow –Best Brands, Choosing and Tips for Red Eye Shadows
- Best Purple Eyeshadow – How to Apply, Choosing, Tips for Purple Eye Shadow
- Best Black eyeshadow – Best Brands, Tips, Choosing, How to Apply Black Eyeshadow
- Best Blue Eyeshadow – How to Choose, Match and Apply Blue Eye Shadows
- Best Brown Eyeshadow – Tips, Wearing and How to Apply Brown Eyeshadow
- Best Eyeshadow for Blue Eyes – Tips, Choosing, Buying, Using Blue Eyes Eyeshadow and Eyeliner
- Best Eyeshadow for Brown Eyes – Choosing, Tips, How to Apply Brown Eyes Eye Shadows
- Best Eyeshadow for Green eyes –Choosing, Tips and How to Use Green Eyes Eyeshadow
- Best Eyeshadow for Hazel Eyes Colors –Tips, Choosing, How to Apply