Whether to trim, groom, shape, wax, or thread men’s eyebrows often raises mixed reactions. Some men find it weird while others accept it so long as it is not overdone. In this discussion we will discuss various aspects of men’s eyebrows including eyebrow shaping, shapes, waxing, trimming, threading, styles and much more.
Should Men Do their Eyebrows – Men Eyebrow Grooming
Before we go any further, it is good to try to tackle the idea whether men should groom their eyebrows or not. Different people have different opinions. Some yes, some say no, never. However, the most important thing is not to overdo it as they might give you a feminine face frame. If you love grooming them, ensure they look as natural as possible to an extent that no one can notice you have plucked, threaded, or shaped them!
I do not like men who do their eyebrows, unless they are extremely bushy and unruly. For instance, I find men with thin eyebrows to be looking feminine. Ensure you do not transform your looks from a he man to a she man as you are trimming or shaping them.
Tips Men’s Eyebrows – Ideas, Rules and General Guide
Before we go further, we will cover quick men’s eyebrow tips. You have definitely read about many DOs and DON’Ts on men’s eyebrows from various resources. We are now going to cover general advice on men and eyebrows before going to some specifics. Of course, if you have a unibrow or really bad eyebrows, you cannot just ignore them just because you are a man!
- If you want to reshape eyebrows, ensure you settle for longer and straighter eyebrows as those of George Clooney, Brand Pitt or Jude Law.
- Avoid creating arches on your eyebrows, unless you have them naturally. Stick with a natural shape and ensure you get a good brow shaper to advice you.
- Use eyebrow gel to tame any unruly eyebrows you might be having if you do not want to trim or pluck them. Eyebrow Pencils might be extreme for guys but gels will be ok. Furthermore, avoid shiny eyebrows buy using products such as Mac Cosmetics Prep+Prime Skin Refined Zone Treatment to ensure they look less shiny.
- Instead of going for men’s brow waxing, opt for plucking or tweezing and only tweeze those outside your natural eyebrow shapes.
- Avoid overdoing them. Ensure you assess your general look each time you pluck, wax or tweeze your brows to ensure they look trendy and you do not overdo them.
- Get professional help and advice on eyebrow trimming?
With the above tips, which will be very important, we can now being looking at various areas on men’s eyebrows such as trimming, waxing, grooming, etc.
Trimming Men’s Eyebrows
Eyebrow trimming for men should be perhaps the most recommended thing for men, especially those who have bushy eyebrows. Whereas most men might stay away from eyebrow threading, waxing, plucking or tweezing, there should not be anything wrong with them trimming their eyebrows, so long as they know how to trim brow hairs for men and some of the best eyebrow styles for men.
For perfect looks, ensure you get a good eyebrow trimmer such as Philips Norelco NT9130 D-Finer Precision Trimmer, Panasonic ER-GN30-K Vortex Wet/dry Nose and Facial Hair Trimmer or Wahl 9865-300 Deluxe Groomer Rechargeable Ear, Nose and Eyebrow Trimmer Chrome.
We already covered in details eyebrow trimming for men and women as well as the best eyebrow trimmers you can use to achieve best results.
Men’s Eyebrow Shaping and Men Eyebrow Shapes
As strange as it might sound, men’s eyebrow shaping might be important, especially for those who have very unruly, or badly shaped eye brows that make their faces to look funny. If you have decided to try eyebrow shaping for men, you need to know perfect shapes that will compliment your facial features and face shape.
Not to overemphasis, men’s eyebrow shaping should be done by a professional to ensure great brow shapes that will not make someone look like a girl’s. If you would like to try at home, get details on how to shape eyebrows (this guide will suit both men and women as it teaches techniques and even covers something on men) and the best eye brow shapes for difference face shapes such as oval, round, etc. Otherwise, if they are not unruly, eyebrow shaping for men should be a no go zone. Instead you can trim them.
Men’s Eyebrow Waxing – Should You Go for Men Eyebrow Waxing?
Waxing is a popular way of body hair removal. This technique is often used by women to remove unwanted brow hairs. If you have decided to shape your eyebrows, then whether you are a man or woman, you can use this technique to achieve desired results. Furthermore, if you checked in most of the popular cities like New York, you will get many salons that offer men’s eyebrow waxing or eyebrow waxing for men. You might also get a few men waxing eyebrows at home too.
For men who are into brow hair shaping, going to a professional men eyebrow waxing expert will ensure they get subtle looks that will look as natural as possible. It is OK and good if they are done well. However, for those who find eyebrow waxing for men a strange thing, they can avoid it an only trim them.
Men Eyebrow Threading
Threading is a method of removal of unwanted brow hairs. It basically involves the use of a thread in plucking them. It is an effective way but needs a professional to ensure it is well done. Although not widespread, men also thread their brow hairs. This is often advisable for those who have bushy brow hairs that might appear quite unruly.
If you are looking for places where you will have your brows threaded, there are many salons where you can get the male eyebrow threading services in various places such as Dublin, New York, Chicago, Washing DC and many other locations. Furthermore, if you are interested in knowing more about men eye brow threading, see how to thread eyebrows, techniques, benefits and much more.
Men Plucking Eyebrows – Should Men Pluck Eyebrows and How?
Eyebrow plucking is a technique of removing brow hairs just as waxing and threading. Plucking, most often used synonymously with eyebrow tweezing is a technique of removing a single hair at a time. Nowadays, getting men plucking eyebrows is not longer a strange thing as it used to be in the past.
We have covered details for eyebrow plucking that could benefit men and women equally. You will also learn how to reduce pain during eyebrow waxing exercise and how to reduce pain during the exercise.
Eyebrow Styles for Men
Are there specific eyebrow styles for men? How should men style their brow hairs? Since most men do not do their eyebrows, there hardly any style for eyebrow grooming which are distinguished for men. You can style your eyebrows the way you want but ensure they compliment your looks.
Furthermore, since people have different facial features and face shapes, it is a good idea not to mention specific men eyebrow style since they might not compliment everyone. Ensure you know your face shape and which brows shape will compliment them.
Thick Eyebrows Men – Should Men with Thick Brows Groom and Shape Them
If you are one of the men thick eyebrows like some of the female celebrities we know such as Jennifer Connelly, Lily Collins, Camilla Belle, Brooke Shields, Ashley Olsen or Demi Lovato. You should be proud of yourself. They will indeed give you a perfect face frame. Unless they are unruly or extremely big, you need not to bother them at all. In fact just trim them and you will look great. Some of the men with thick eyebrows or otherwise bushy eyebrows include:
- Stephen Frost
- Peter Gallagher
- Jimmy Carl Black
- Joe Jonas
- Robert Pattinson
- Colin Farrell
More on Eyebrows
- Which Is the Best Eyebrow Kit To Buy – Anastasia, Milani, EFL or Which One?
- How Do You Get the Thick and Bushy Demi Lovato’s Eyebrows?
- How to Fix Bad Eyebrows with Pictures
- Fake Eyebrows for Men, Women and Cancer Patients
- Does Whoopi Goldberg Have Eyebrows or Not?
- Best Eyebrow Trimmer and Shaver Brands for Men, Women and Electric
- Best Eyebrow Gels Brands Including Clear and Tinted
- Eyebrow Brush – Best Brands Including Combs and Spoolie
- Are Shaved Eyebrows Trendy – Tips for Shaving Brows
- Eyebrow Implants Before and After Looks and their Costs
- Megan Fox eyebrows – How to Get, Tutorial, before and After Pictures
- Best Eyebrow Filler You Should Give a Try
Further Suggested Reading
- How Do You Fix Overplucked Brows or Grow the Back?
- Sparse Eyebrow Ideas – Causes, Filling, Growing and Shaping
- Eyebrow Hair Restoration Procedure, Cost and Looks
- Best Eyebrow Liner Brands, How to Apply Them and Semi Permanent Ones
- Are Drawn on Eyebrows Trendy or Very Horrible?
- Chola Eyebrow Looks and How to Do Them
- What Are Sharpie Eyebrows – Chola, Mexican and Pictures
- Get Sexy Eyebrows like Keira Knightley with Eyebrow Transplant Surgery
- Best Eyebrow Razor Brands and How to Use Them
- Eyebrow Shaper Best Brands and How to Use Them
- Best Eyebrow Growth Serums and Before and After Photos
- Causes and Remedies of Embarrassing Eyebrow Dandruff