Large eyes are a alluring if you know how to enhance them. Get accredited information on what they are, why men prefer them, and some of the girls and women with large eyes. You will also learn about eye makeup for large eyes that will cover eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, and eyebrow grooming for people who are large eyed.
What are Large Eyes?
Large eyes refer to eyes that are slightly bigger when compared to other facial features. If you have them, there is something to smile about since they are more preferred than any other size by most men because larger eyes are attractive. This is the force behind the use of contact lenses that make eyes larger, cosmetics and in extreme cases, plastic surgeries to make them large. This is particularly in most common in Asians who generally have smaller Asian eyes.
Why do Men Prefer Large Eyed Women – Are they Attractive?
One question, worthwhile tackling in this discussion is reasons why men love large eyed women. Of course, not every man loves them. There are two separate answers to reason why men love large eyes. Women with eyes that are larger, fuller lips, smaller chin and bigger bursts are considered to have higher estrogen and they are likely to conceive easily and thus a better mate. This is to those who know the fact that these features could be brought about with more estrogen.
Secondly, the other reason why people with larger eyed women are preferred could be due to the fact they make them look younger. This is a neotenous feature where human beings retain some features as the rest of the body grows including eyes.
To be specific, a 7-year-old child has eyes that will be same size when he or she grows up. This is why children have bigger eyes than adults do. Women with such eyes are therefore look youthful and men like this neotenous feature. These are just theories and selection of mates is not pegged on one factor but many others. Forget about them; let us look at women large eyed women.
People, Celebrities and Women with Large Eyes
It is normal for you to be wondering who else is large eyed, if you have such eyes. There are many celebrities, people and women who are large eyed. We are not going to focus on large-eyed men we afterwards want to discuss makeup tips for large eyed girls and women. No hard feeling men, most of you do not use eye makeup, maybe a little bit of eyebrow trimming for those with bushy eyebrow or eyebrow shaping.
Some of the large eyed female celebrities include Nina Dobrev, Katy Perry, Zooey Deschanel, Anne Hathaway, Alexis Bledel, Emmy Rossum, Reese Witherspoon, Angelina Jolie, Jessica Alba, Christina Ricci, Emma Watson, Michelle Trachtenberg, Kourtney Kardashian and Kim Kardashian.
Other women with large eyes include Freida Pinto, Salma Hayek, Sandra Bullock, Penelope Cruz, Heidi Klum, Debby Ryan, Lindsay Lohan, Amy Adams, Rachel McAdams, Rachel Bilson, Viola Davis, Amanda Seyfried, Jessica Chastain, Rooney Mara, Sasha Pieterse, Octavia Spencer, Kathy Griffin, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Sarah Hyland, Ariel Winter, Lucy Hale, Ashley Benson, Julie Bowen, and Jayma May among many others.
We deliberately decided to list the many women celebrities to give you a chance to get one of your favorite and ape how she does her eye makeup.
Makeup for Large Eyes – Makeup for Large Eyed People
We have said that large eyes are the best types of eyes. However, if you use makeup wrongly, you might make them even larger and look like the large eyed lemur. This is on a light note.
We are going to discuss various ways you can put on makeup if your eyes are large to make them look exceptional and draw attention to them since they are already attractive. You really need to know how to apply eye makeup since I know a few people who feel their eyes are too big and they overwhelm other facial features.
Eyebrow for Large eyes
If you have adorable larger eyes, you need to begin by grooming your eyebrows. This will involve things like eyebrow shaping (waxing, tweezing or plucking) depending on your face shape. See best eyebrow shapes for different eye shapes including oval, round, square, diamond shaped etc and how to shape eyebrows.
If you have big or bushy eyebrows, you might be required first to trim them before you can begin to shape them. All this is part of eyebrow grooming and they will create much attention to your eyes other than giving you a larger area over which you can to apply eye makeup.
Eyeshadow for Large eyes
If you have eyes that are large, you need to know how correctly to eyeshadow them to enhance them even more. You can create any look you wish ranging from smoky eye looks, dramatic or subtle.
To begin with, you need to know how to choose eyeshadow colors that both compliment your eye color and each other if you are using different colors. Here is how you will go about when applying eyeshadow for large eyed people – steps for applying eyeshadow for large eyes:
- To ensure there are no visible under eye wrinkles or dark eye circles ensure you use an a good under eye concealer. This will also minimize the appearance of eye bags and puffy eyes.
- Apply eyeshadow base and eyeshadow primer on your eyelids to help enhance the color of your eyeshadow, create a good canvas to apply eyeshadow and help the eyeshadow adhere more on to your eyelids.
- Apply the darkest eyeshadow shade on your entire eyelids up to your eye creases.
- Apply the mid-tone eyeshadow from upwards from your eye creases and avoid applying it on your brow bone.
- On your lower eyelid, apply the darkest eyeshadow to help create balance on your eyelids.
- Using either white eyeshadow or any highlighter or lightest eyeshadow shade you are using, highlight your brow bone, just on the area below where your eyebrows begin. This should be done at a 45 degree upwards angle.
Eyeliner for Large Eyes
If you have them, you need to apply eyeliner on your lash line, as close to the lash line as possible. A thin line will do best. To create an illusion of smaller eyes, consider lining your waterline too with dark colored eyeliner.
If you like, you can also create thin winged eyeliner looks. The eyeliner you use on your waterlines must not be sensitive to your eyes since this might cause an allergic reaction. Ensure you test it first.
On eyeliner choice, you are at liberty to use whichever eyeliner type you find good including pencil eyeliners, liquid eyeliner, cream/gel, etc. or the eyeliner colors you like. However, it is advisable to use a good brand of waterproof eyeliner on your waterlines if it is to last longer. Furthermore, avoid using white eyeliner or light colored eyeliner such as black, brown or grey since it will make them look even larger.
Mascara for Larger Eyes
If your eyes are large, you need to apply about two coats of mascara. Some
If you do not particularly have lush eyelashes, you can consider going for either eyelash extensions or false eyelashes. They will create the same effect of longer luscious eyelashes that will make them more open.
We have looked at what larger eyes are, how to apply eye makeup including eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara. You have a list of women with eyes that are large; why men love such women and a lot more.
See more on Types of Eyes
- Close-Set Eyes – Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Eyebrow, Tips and Personalities
- Downturned Eyes & Upturned Eyes – Makeup Tips, How Lower or Lift Up turned and Down turned Eyes
- Wide Set Eyes or Far Apart Eyes – Makeup for, Tips, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Mascara and Personality
- Prominent Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Eyebrow Makeup and Surgery
- Almond Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Makeup for Almond Shaped Eyes and Celebrities
- Oriental Eyes – What They Are, Origin and Eye Makeup Tips for Oriental Eyes
- Asian Eyes – Tips, Makeup, Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Eyebrows, Differences and How to Get the Asian Eye Looks
- Big Eyes – Eye Makeup Tips, Personality, Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara Girls, Men Love, and Contact Lenses for Big Eyed People
- Round Eyes- What Are, Eye Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow and Mascara for Large or Small Round Eyes
- Small Eyes – Celebrities, Makeup Tips, Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara, Eyebrow, and How to Make Smaller Eyes Bigger
- Monolids Eyes – Types, Tips, Makeup, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow and Mascara and Monolid/Single Eyelid Surgery
- Deep Set Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Eye Makeup Tip, Personalities and Celebrities with Deep-Set Eye Types
- Hooded Eyes – Eyeshadow, Eyeliner and Eye Makeup Tips and Celebrities with Hooded Eyelids