If you are looking for info on makeup remover including best eye make-up removers, natural, oil free, sensitive skin and eye, homemade eye and face, wipes, pads, DIY, etc. We have all these in this article.Of course, makeup removers are the way to go if you want painlessly to remove make up from your eyes and face. If you do not know how to use makeup, there is a how to remove make up video for you.
What Is a Makeup Removers?
They refers to a cleansing or cosmetic product, which is used to remove make-up from the face and eye areas without causing irritations. You need to ensure you have completely removed make-up from your eyes, face, lips, etc. so that your skin can breathe well and avoid irritations. There are many types in terms of their functions and forms (gel, liquid and pads). Before we go to the type of, see how to remove makeup first.
How to Remove Makeup
It is particularly very important to people who wear long wearing and waterproof makeup that do not come out easily. The below video should guide you on the steps on how to remove makeup. For moreread How to Remove Make up
A few tips for removing makeup
- If it comes as a pad, you need to gently wipe the area it is to be used
- If it comes as gel or liquid, you will need soak cotton balls using the makeup remover and then gently wipe or pat the area you want to get rid of makeup.
- Some brands is non-wash while others require you to wash after removing the makeup. Ensure you know which type you are using.
- Avoid using wipes in removing makeups.
Best Makeup Removers Including Wipes and Pads – Top Overall Brands
In this part, I am going to mention best brands without going to specifics. Afterwards I will cover various types such as best eye makeup removers, natural, oil free, for sensitive skins and homemade.
- Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye
- Estee Lauder Take It Away Total
- Bare Escentuals On The Spot
- ESPA Bio-Active Eye Cleanser
- YonKa Gel Nettoyant — Cleansing Gel and
- Lush Baby Face
- Yes To Cucumbers Eye Pads
- The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover
- Nivea Eye
- Sephora Face Removing Wipes
- e.l.f. Cleansing Cloths
- St. Ives Make-up Remover & Cleanser
- Milani Taramind Tea Hydrating
- Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Make Up Remover
- Rimmel London Gentle Eye Make Up Remover
- Lancome Effacil Gentle
- MAC Wipes
- AHAVA Time to Clear
- bareMinerals Instant Waterproof
- Neutrogena Oil Free
- Urban Decay Meltdown
These are some of the best makeup removers available in the market. Many other best brands, especially depending on the kind you want and what works for you exist. Let us now go to the different types.
1. Eye Makeup Remover
We have seen the meaning and some of the best brands in the market. It is time to narrow down to particularly eye makeup removers where we will discuss what they are and mention a few best brands.
Step 1 Eye makeup remover is a specially formulated products, which is used to cleanse the different types of eye makeup worn. For instance if you are fond of using waterproof eyeshadow, waterproof eyeliner or waterproof mascara, washing your eyes with soap and water is not going to remove such eye makeup and it could irritate your eyes.
Furthermore, if you try rubbing your eyes so much to remove your makeup, you stretch the delicate eyelid skin. This can even result into the awful under eye wrinkles and dark circles under eyes which will make you look old!
However, with the right brand, everything will be easy and painless. I hope you know you should not sleep with your eye makeup on as it might cause irritation and eye redness afterwards.
Most them are oil based while a few are oil free, especially to people who have very sensitive skins, i.e. hypoallergenic eye make up removers.
Furthermore, You will find them mostly in forms of liquid, gel or cleansing pads. For the liquid and gel forms, you will have to apply them on a makeup sponge or cotton pad before you can pat or gently sweep the area you want to remove it.
Finally, other than cleansing, they are important because they will sooth your eyes and cool then as well as condition your skin.
Best Eye Makeup Removers – Top Brands for Eyes
You have seen their importance ; it is time to see some of the best eye make-up removers available in the market.
- Lancome Bi-Facil
- L’oreal’s Eye
- Neutrogena Oil-Free
- Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water
- Make Up For Ever Sens’Eyes Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser
- Clinique Take The Day Off For Lids, Lashes & Lips
- Physicians Formula Eye Lotion
- CVS Oil-Free Eye Make-Up Remover
- Neutrogena Hydrating Lotion
- Eye Scrub FFEye Scrub Make Up Remove
- Rimmel London Gentle
- Simple Kind To Eyes Eye Make-Up Remover
- Purifying Eye Make-Up Remover from Ole Henriksen
- Yes to Carrots Eye and Face
Best Pad Makeup Remover
If you would like to use some of the best eye make-up remover pads, try the following:
- Almay Oil-Free Eye r Pads
- Eye Scrub Sterile And Eyelid Cleansing Pads
- CIBA Vision Eye Scrub Sterile Pads
- Ultra-Soft Eye Pads from Neutrogena
Before you buy any of the best eye makeup removing brands we have mentioned above, you need to read several review and user experience. You also need to be certain whether it is a natural or it is not.
In addition, if you do not see your best brand listed,
you have nothing to worry about because this list is not all-inclusive. There are still many other great ones.
2. Natural Makeup Remover
If you are conscious about the ingredients of used you are buying, you should go for natural make up removers. This are purely organic (chemical free) products used to remove makeup on the face and eyes without exposing your skin to any chemical.
There are a number of natural brands. Some of them can be improvised at home, which include mashed bananas, yogurt and olive oil while others are purchased. Some of the best natural brands include the following:
Best Natural Makeup Removers – Top Natural Brands
If you insist of buying natural ones, some of the best brands in the market include the following:
- Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing
- Quick Clean Pure Natural Pads
- Jason Natural Quick Clean Pad
- Eye and Face by Anita
- Quick Clean™ Pure Natural Pads
- Earth Science
- Origins Well Off™ Fast and Gentle
- ANTE Naturkosmetik
Some of the above best natural makeup removers are general while others are specific for eyes. Ensure you know if they are specific or not.
3. Makeup Remover for Sensitive Skins – Top for Sensitive Skin
For people who have sensitive skins, they cannot go for ordinary removers. They have specifically to go for brands suitable for their skin types. Among the much known makeup remover for sensitive skin is bioderma.
The bioderma is very tolerant to dry skin, skin with redness already and that has squames. There are two bioderma brands you can buy i.e. Sensibio H2O bioderma and Sensibio Cleansing Milk bioderma . Other best brands for sensitive skin includes the following:
- Towelettes for Sensitive and Dry Skin
- Olay Daily Facials Express- Sensitive Skin
- Garnier s for Sensitive Skin
- Simple Sensitive Skin Expert Eye Make-Up Remover
- Sensitive Skin Oil Free
- Gatineau Serenite Soothing Make Up Remover For Sensitive Skin
4. Oil Free Makeup Removers – Top Brands
Oil free make up removers as the name suggests is that they do not have oil. Some people cannot use those with oil. This is because these brands will not only cause irritations but also oil burns.
For Such people, they have the option of going for the oil free brands. If you are one of the people who need oil free products, some of the best oil free makeup removers include the following:
- Neutrogena Oil Free for Eyes
- Deep Clean Oil-Free Cleansing Wipes
- L’oreal Paris Oil Free
- Clinique Rinse Off p Solvent
- Mary Kay® Oil-Free
- Almay Oil-Free Pads
The above list of the best oil free brands has both general and eye make up removers and you need to ensure you have choose the right one.
5. Homemade Makeup Remover
Some people just prefer homemade make up removers. Whenever they want to remove eye or face makeup, they will not use anything they have purchased. If you are one of these people, you need to be aware of some of the common homemade preparatios you can go for.
They are of course all natural make up removers and most of the recipes used in making them are readily available. Here are some of the best homemade makeup remover recipes:
- A combination of 1 tablespoon of the extra virgin olive oil and twice the amount canola oil
- Olive and baby oil mixture is idea for mascara removal
- A combination of baby oil and cucumber juice can be used to remove make up and dirt from your face.
- Raw milk can be used to rinse your face to get rid of any traces of oil and any makeup.
- A simmered (for at least 10 minutes) mixture of cucumber paste and milk can be wiping of makeup before rinsing the skin with water.
- A blended mixture of liquid coconut oil and sesame oil can be used to remove eye makeup on eyelids and eyelashes. It should be blended in equal ratios and if coconut oil is in solid form, heat it in a microwave.
- Another homemade eye makeup remover you can try is a mixture of meadow form oil and jojoba oil in equal ratios.
The list of homemade eye and face make up removers is endless. You need to test and see if your skin reacts to it or not before using it.
We have covered various types of makeup removers including some of the best brands in each category. You need to ensure you follow the right procedure of removing makeup as well as the right products.
Suggested Further Reading
- How to Remove Makeup – Why, How and Tips for Removing Makeup
- Under Eye Concealer – How to Apply and the Best Under Eye Concealer
- Smokey Eye Makeup Guide – Applying or How to Do Makeup for Smoky Eyes