How can you fix uneven skin tone on your body? There are different ways through which this can be achieved. We explore how to get rid of uneven skin tone and skin discoloration using home remedies for uneven skin tone.
How to Get Rid Of Uneven Skin Tone
A glowing skin that is evenly textured and toned is every woman’s dream. In some cases, this does not come easy. To attain this you will have to deal with uneven pigmentation, injuries, dark spots, sun burns, discolorations and other factors that contribute to an uneven skin tone. Sunburns are especially known to be notorious in causing hyper-pigmentation on any skin that goes exposed unprotected.
There are a number of ways on how to get rid of uneven skin tone. These range from commercial products to simple home remedies. While commercial products work fast, they come at a high cost and may also harbor negative side effects. On the other hand, home remedies for uneven skin tone are economical and easy to find. Used consistently and correctly, they will help attain a healthy looking skin that is free from hyper-pigmentation. We sample some below.
Home Remedies for Uneven Skin Tone on your Face, Arms, Underarms, Bum and Around Lips and Mouth
There are times when using creams and makeup may not work as a long term solution for uneven skin tone. Where this is the case, you can settle for home remedies for uneven skin tone. These will provide a long term solution for the problem thus play a great role on how to get rid of uneven skin tone. Below are some do it yourself remedies you can use.
How to Fix Uneven Skin Tone Fast with Lemon Juice
Lemon juice contains citric acid and is one of the fast methods on how to get rid of uneven skin tone at home. It will effectively eliminate unevenness on the face and neck when used regularly. This remedy though can be irritating on people with sensitive skin and should therefore be used with caution. You can make use of it by rubbing the lemon flesh on the area of concern or using it with other ingredients as will be seen below.
Baking soda is extremely efficient in eliminating uneven skin tone. When used on the skin, it acts as an exfoliator which helps in removing dead skin resulting from scarring. This way, new skin is exposed with time leaving you with an even skin tone.
- Get an amount of baking soda enough for your desired part of treatment.
- Add some clean water to it until a consistent paste is formed.
- Apply this on the point of concern massaging it on with the tips of your fingers.
- Leave it to dry before washing it off.
This natural remedy on how to get rid of uneven skin tone contains healing elements that are great for a lot of skin conditions. To attain a clear skin tone, aloe moisturizes the skin and also aids in getting rid of skin discoloration. Freshly extracted aloe gel works great but it can also be used with other remedies for an evenly toned skin.
- Get an aloe leaf and cut it open.
- Squeeze out the gel and apply it directly on the areas of treatment.
- Allow the treatment to settle for 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Use this remedy as often as you can for the best results.
This natural remedy for even skin tone helps in exfoliating dead skin cells from the skin. Regularly using oatmeal will help you earn a clear skin and give you a glow as well. Make a paste of oatmeal and use it as a mask on the face and around the mouth. Allow it to dry before washing it off.
Honey contains enzymes and other healing properties that help in getting rid of unevenness. It works great for all types of skin and is therefore safe for use by people with sensitive skin. It can therefore be used to even out the skin on the lips as well as on the underarms. You could use plain raw honey as a skin mask to treat your area of concern. However, to reap maximum benefits, it is best to use it with other ingredients.
- Mix honey with equal amounts of lemon juice and milk powder each.
- Mix the ingredients until they are all evenly mixed.
- Apply this on the skin and leave it to dry.
- Wash it off using warm water.
Papaya extract is used in many skin care products. It contains papain which gives it skin lightening properties. These help in evening out skin discoloration for an even tone. Applied raw on the skin or included in the diet, papaya will yield great benefits for the skin. There are different ways through which to gain its benefits.
- Slice a papaya and rub the inner side on the skin.
- Leave the juice on for it to dry.
- Rinse off with cool water and repeat daily to attain a natural glow.
- Mash up a ripe papaya and squeeze some lemon juice into it.
- Stir to attain a consistent paste and apply this on the skin.
- Allow to rest for at least 30 minutes before washing it off.
- Repeat once every week until your skin becomes even.
The use of cucumbers on how to get rid of uneven skin tone works wonders when used consistently. Cucumbers help to bind collagen in the skin and thus allow you attain a skin firmness. They also help to lighten skin by evening out the skin tone. You can use plain cucumber on the skin.
Place freshly sliced cucumbers around your eyes, on the lips and any other part of the skin to be treated and let it set for a few minutes. Take them off and rinse your skin. Repeat twice daily.
Cucumbers, Honey and Lemon Juice
- Blend some cucumber and for every part of cucumber add an equal amount of honey and half the amount lemon juice
- Apply this mixture on the skin and leave it to dry.
- Wash off with cool water.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Using apple cider vinegar as a toner will help in clearing up any excess dirt and also help in unclogging the pores. It contains antibacterial properties that help to clear blemishes, restores the pH balance of the skin and also helps to fight early signs of aging.
Apple Cider Vinegar Skin Toner
- To a mixing bowl, add apple cider vinegar and an equal amount of green tea. In case you have no green tea use water.
- Using some cotton wool balls or a clean piece of cloth, apply this on the skin
When used on the skin, sugar acts as an exfoliator just like oatmeal and baking soda. This helps in getting rid of flaky and dead skin and exposes a new evenly toned skin giving you a better look.
- Make a sugar paste to even out your skin tone by mixing sugar granules with a little water
- Mix this with pure raw honey and use it to scrub your face.
- Allow to rest for at least half an hour before washing it off.
- Use regularly to get rid of uneven skin.
Yoghurt contains natural bleaching agents. It works by exfoliating the skin and also improving the skin tone by getting rid of scars, pigmentation and tan.
- Take a tablespoon of flavorless and colorless yoghurt and add half the amount water.
- Beat the two to attain an even mixture.
- Apply this on the face and let it stay on for half an hour.
- Use some warm water to wash it off.
This as well is known to contain bleaching agents and is appropriate for application on the skin to attain an even skin tone. It is yet another gentle remedy that can be used to get rid of uneven skin tone by people with sensitive skin.
- Mix the milk powder with some milk to form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on your neck and face and leave it until completely dry.
- Massage the dried mask off your skin with wet hands before rinsing off with water.
- Repeat procedure every other day to attain an even skin tone.
There is a reason why milk baths were so common in traditional times. It contains lactic acid which is essential in gently exfoliating the skin. Milk also gives the skin a soft and supple texture in addition to evening out skin tone naturally
Goat milk has a pH closest to that of the skin and is thus most recommended for use on how to get rid of uneven skin tone. You could apply plain milk or use it to make a facial mask as follows:
- Take a tablespoons of milk and add a teaspoon of honey.
- Add to the mixture a few drops of coconut or olive oil and mix well.
- Use this as you normally use a facial cleanser.
- The remedy is gentle enough for use every day. Repeat until results are achieved.
Tomato pulp helps to balance the pH of the skin and is an amazing remedy for uneven skin tone. In addition, it helps in treating sunburns and acne. It will help to tighten pores as well as reduce irritation. All these have a positive impact on achieving an even skin tone.
Other properties of tomato pulp that make it amazing and an effective method on how to get rid of uneven skin tone include the fact that they are rich in antioxidants, vitamins A and C. They can therefore fight off free radicals on the skin. These help in attaining an even tone. To get that glowing skin from tomatoes:
- Cut a tomato fruit into halves and place the inside part on the skin.
- Rub it on the affected parts and leave the juice on to penetrate the skin.
- Rinse the pulp off with cold water when it dries up.
- Part dry and repeat procedure twice each day.
How to Get Rid of Uneven Skin Tone On arms and Bum Fast Using over the Counter Products
Skin lightening creams are designed to slow down production of melanin as well as diminish existing melanin on the skin. Any topical treatments containing Retin-A and alpha-hydroxy acids are quite effective. In case you wish for a commercial product with natural ingredients, settle for those with kojic acid, cucumber and arbutin.
How to Get Rid of Skin Discoloration on Back, Inner Thighs, Neck and Body
Skin discoloration occurs when there is an over production of melanin on the skin. This affects the top most layer of the skin causing it to adopt uneven skin color often referred to as hyperpigmentation. In most cases, skin discoloration results from over-exposure to the sun. Other causes include liver problems, poor diet and indigestion. To effectively eliminate it. It is crucial to eliminate the cause. This way, efforts made to even out the skin tone will have a lasting impact. Below is how to get rid of skin discoloration.
How to Get Rid of Skin Discoloration on Face from Acne Using Sandalwood Powder
Sandalwood is a perfect remedy for fixing up uneven skin tone especially that caused by acne scars and marks. It is best used in making a face mask targeted at eliminating the skin discoloration.
- Mix sandalwood, tomato pulp and cucumber juice in equal amounts.
- Stir the ingredients until a consistent paste is achieved.
- Apply this on the face and acne scarred areas and allow it to dry.
- Use daily to get rid of skin discoloration on the face.
Castor Oil to get Rid of Skin Discoloration on Under Arms from Shaving
Massaging castor oil onto areas with skin discoloration will help event out the skin texture and color by breaking down melanin. For small area discolorations, massage in the oil two times each day. For larger areas such as the arms and legs, soak a bandage in the oil and tie it around overnight.
Butter Milk for Skin Discoloration on the Face and Upper Lip
Butter milk, as well as plain milk, contains lactic acid. This is a natural component that is effective in exfoliation. When applied on the skin, it eliminates the top layer of the epidermis giving way for formation of new skin cells. This process helps in getting rid of discoloration on your face as well as lips. Apply the remedy on the skin before going to sleep and let it dry. Scrub it off before rinsing the treated area.
Orange Rinds to get Rid of Discoloration on Body and Legs
Orange rinds are a source of citric acid which is a mild exfoliator. When used on the discoloration patches regularly, it can help to clear them up. These can be rubbed directly on the area of concern or used with other remedies for optimal results.
- Make orange peels powder and mix it with cold unskimmed milk.
- Add some honey to the mixture to make a thick paste.
- Apply this on the skin discolorations and let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash off and repeat procedure daily.
The above methods on how to get rid of uneven skin tone and skin discoloration do not work instantly. They require some patience and constant use for results to be seen. Once an even skin tone is attained, ensure you keep off causes to avoid recurrence. In case you are looking for instant results, try using appropriate makeup to conceal the unevenness.