This posts gives insights on how to get rid of dark underarms naturally by exploring various home remedies for dark under arms. We also give tips on fast, overnight and during pregnancy armpit skin lightening.
Why are my underarm darks? This is a common question among people whose underarms suffer discoloration. In most cases, dark underarms are no major health concern. This is more so where their causes are excessive sweating, use of hair removal creams, sweating, reaction to deodorants or accumulation of dead skin cells. With these, you can make use of home remedies for dark Underarms and various options on how to get rid of dark underarms using natural treatments.
There, however, are a few conditions which cause dark underarms that may require the attention of a doctor. These include conditions such as hormonal imbalance, reactions from medication, insulin resistance and extreme obesity. To deal with these, see a health care provider.
Home Remedies for Dark Underarms
The use of home remedies for dark underarms whitening is not only economical but also mild. You can make use of readily available products from your kitchen to lighten your armpits without the risk of negative side effects. Below are ways on how to achieve this.
How to get Rid of Dark Underarms Using Baking Soda
Baking soda acts a as a natural exfoliator. It works by sloughing off dead skin in the underarms and thus lightening them to the normal skin tone. The scrubbing effect will also unclog pores which promotes efficient underarm aeration.
- Mix one portion of baking soda with half its amount of water.
- Use the resulting paste to scrub your dark underarms.
- Allow the paste to dry off before washing it off ad patting the area dry.
Vinegar Home Remedy for Dark Underarms
When applied to the underarms, vinegar brings a number of advantages to it. In addition to getting rid of the dark underarms, it also acts as an antiseptic killing bacteria and germs. This helps to keep bad armpit odor at bay.
- Get a reasonable amount of rice flour and mix it with vinegar to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on your underarms immediately after taking a shower.
- Allow this to rest for 15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
How to get Rid of Dark Underarms with Milk
Milk contains fatty acids and lactic acid that acts as a mild exfoliator on the skin. It will also soften the skin and help it attain an even skin tone.
- Mix in a bowl two tablespoons of unprocessed milk and a tablespoon of flour.
- Stir until a consistent paste if formed.
- Apply this on the underarms and allow to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Plain milk mixed with a little honey can be used for the same as well.
Coconut Oil to get Rid of Dark Under Arms
Coconut oil contains vitamin E which makes it effective in getting rid of dark arms. In addition, it acts as a natural deodorant. To lighten your armpits with coconut oil:
- Massage a reasonable amount of it in your underarms.
- Leave it on for at least 15 minutes
- Use a warm mist piece of cloth to wipe off any excess oil.
- Repeat procedure up to three times in a day.
How to get Rid of Dark Under Arms Fast with Lemon
Lemon juice contains citric acid which acts as a natural bleach. It also is a strong antiseptic. It helps to get rid of dead skin in the armpits which can result in dry under arms. This remedy should, however, be used with caution. It can cause irritation in people with sensitive skin. It also has a drying effect and you should use a moisturizer after treating your dark armpits.
- Cut a lemon into halves and sprinkle some sugar on it.
- Rub each underarm with the wedges and allow the juice to sit for a while.
- Wash off the area.
- You could also add lemon juice to honey, turmeric or yogurt and apply the remedy on your underarms. Allow it to settle for 10 minutes before washing it off.
Gram Flour Dark Underarm Whitening Park
Also known as besan, gram flour can be used in making an underarm whitening pack.
- In a mixing bowl, add two tablespoons of gram flour, a few drops of lemon juice and a teaspoon of yogurt.
- Mix thoroughly to make a consistent paste.
- Apply this remedy on your dark underarms and leave it on for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash it off and repeat procedure three times a week until results are attained.
Saffron to get Rid of Dark underarms
Is there a way on how to get rid of dark underarms with saffron? Saffron is an excellent skin lightening agent and when used regularly will get rid of dark underarms. It also helps in eliminating armpit odors.
- Soak some saffron strands in milk over night and apply the resulting remedy on your dark skin.
- Repeat procedure daily for quick results.
Orange Rinds to Whiten Dark Underarms
These contain citric acid just like lemon juice. This gives them natural bleaching qualities. Below is the procedure on how to get rid of dark underarms using orange peels.
- Dry some orange peels under the sun for four days.
- Grind these into powder.
- Mix two tablespoons of the powder with rose water until a consistent paste is formed.
- Apply this on your dark underarms and wash off after ten minutes.
Egg Oil to Lighten Dark Underarms Overnight
Egg oil is derived from the yolks and is rich in omega 3. It helps in the formation of new skin cells which enhance a lighter and smoother skin.
- Secure a sufficient amount of egg oil and massage it into your dark underarms.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Use cold water and a mild soap to wash it off.
- Repeat procedure daily until an even underarm complexion is attained.
How to Get Rid of Dark Underarms Naturally
There are bleaching agents contained in some natural fruits and vegetables. These help them in lightening underarm skin.
Potatoes to Bleach Dark Underarms
These can help to eliminate dark underarms. They contain mild skin bleaching agents and it is therefore appropriate for use by people with sensitive skin.
- Slice whole potatoes thinly and rub the slices on the underarm.
- You could also grate some and strain to get some juice. Apply this in the underarms and leave it to dry.
- Rinse with cold water.
Cucumber Natural Solution for Dark Underarms
Cucumber can be used in the same way as potatoes. Cut out some slices of it and rub them on the under arms. Allow the juice to dry before rinsing off after 30 minutes.
Vitamin E Dark Underarm Remedy
This oil is beneficial for dark under arms and can be used to treat them. Massage the oil on the under arms and use a warm piece of cloth to wipe off any excess.
Tomato Pulp Natural Underarm
This is yet another effective home remedy for dark underarms.
- Slice a ripe tomato and rub it on your armpits.
- Allow the juice to stay in until dry before washing off.
- Repeat procedure every day until results are visible.
Apple to get Rid of Dark Underarms Naturally
Apples for dark underarm bleaching contain Alpha Hydroxy Acids which not only lighten the underarms but also act as antiseptic. It also helps in exfoliating the skin thus eliminating the dead cells causing underarm darkening.
- Mash an apple or two until a smooth paste is formed.
- Apply this treatment on your dark armpits and leave it to dry.
- Peel off the remedy and wash skin in warm water.
- Do this twice each week until an even skin complexion is attained.
Olive Oil Solution for Dark Underarm
Olive oil is yet another great oil that can be used to lighten skin. It contains anti-oxidants that brighten up the skin.
- Combine three brown sugar with half the amount of olive oil.
- Wet the skin in your underarms and using the resulting remedy, massage it into the skin.
- Allow it to sit on the skin for ten minutes before washing off.
How to get Rid of Dark Under arms Naturally with Sandalwood
This is yet another great remedy for dark under arms. It has skin whitening properties that help it bring your skin back to a normal tone.
- Mix sandal wood with half the amount of rose water.
- Massage this onto the armpit skin for about five minutes.
- Leave it on until it dries up.
- Rinse off with warm water and repeat procedure daily.
Honey Natural Home Remedies for Dark Underarms during Pregnancy
Honey has a lot of benefits and is an amazing home remedy for a number of skin conditions. Its antibacterial properties help in ridding the skin off bacteria. It also helps eliminate skin irritation which can cause dark under arms. These help in lightening the skin around the armpit thus bringing it back to the normal complexion.
- You can make use of plain natural honey by rubbing a generous amount to the armpits. Leave it on for some time until it dries before washing it off with warm water. This is mild enough and can be used for dark armpits during pregnancy as well as on inner thighs.
- Another way of using honey for optimal results would be combining honey with a half its amount of lemon juice. Stir the mixture well and apply the resulting remedy on your underarms. Allow it to sit for 20 minutes before washing and patting dry.
Papaya to get Rid of Dark Underarms Quickly
Papaya contains enzymes that help in exfoliating and lightening the skin.
- Rub the inside of a papaya directly on your dark under arm skin.
- Allow it to sit for half an hour before thoroughly rinsing it off with water.
- Repeat procedure every other day until you skin tone is evened out.
How to get Rid of Dark Underarms Beauty Tips and Warnings
While the dark underarms remedies discussed above work to a great extent, it is worth noting that the results will vary from individual to individual. It is also possible that some of the remedies may not be appropriate for your skin type. To reap the best from them, give the dark under arms time to show their results. In addition, put the following home remedies for dark underarms beauty tips into use to avoid recurrence.
- While picking your armpit hair removal method, avoid shaving as this could give you razors bumps and dark skin. Instead settle for waxing which plucks the hair from the follicles and helps to clear up any dead skin cells in the under arm.
- Consumption of fenugreek and cinnamon capsules will not only help in tackling dark under arms from within but also knees, underlegs, elbows, neck and inner thighs dark skin.
- Hair removal creams contain harsh chemicals which could be contributing to your dark under arms by causing rashes, itching and irritation. Avoid their usage.
- If you can, settle for natural deodorants as opposed to commercial products. These too contain harsh chemicals that contribute to the darkening of the underarm skin.
- Only wear natural breathable fabrics such as cotton. These are skin friendly as opposed to synthetic wear which might hinder the breathing of the skin.
- Where your dark elbows are as a result of being overweight, shed some of it to stay healthy and lighten your skin.
- While exfoliation is great for your skin, it should only be done moderately and gently. Avoid excess exfoliation as it could cause infections and scarring of the armpits which in the long run cause more darkening of the armpits.
- In case none of the methods on how to get rid of dark underarms seems to work or you have any other concern, see your dermatologist so they can advise you on how to get rid of dark underarm discoloration permanently.