I have dark spots on my inner thighs. Does that sound like a familiar concern to you? Well you are not alone. The condition affects many people, men and women alike. Even people with fair skin can get dark skin on inner thighs when exposed to one of the various underlying causes. This guide will share with you detailed information on how to get rid of dark inner thighs fast at home using natural remedies.
Why Are My Inner Thighs Dark
Before we get into the nitty gritty of getting rid of dark inner thighs, let us first of all answer the question “what causes dark inner thighs?”; it is important as it will help you know how to prevent the recurrence of that nasty dark skin that steals from the glamor of your complexion.
Among the most common causes of dark inner thighs are:
- Obesity: The thighs of obese people tend to rub against each other. This can cause darkening of the inner thighs.
- Friction and excessive sweating e.g. from wearing tight-fitting clothing.
- Hormonal imbalance – In women, hormonal imbalance such as during pregnancy and menstruation can cause dark skin on inner thighs.
- Excessive exposure to sun’s UV rays e.g. from excessive sunbathing.
- Certain medications: Dark skin in inner thighs may also be a side-effect of certain medications e.g. oral contraceptives.
- Diabetes: Insulin resistance forms the link between diabetes and darkening of inner thighs.
- Irritation from shaving and bikini hair removal techniques.
How to Get Rid Of Dark Inner Thighs Fast
Having some areas of skin that are darker than the rest of your skin may not be a concern but it soon becomes one when you have to wear a pair of shorts, a bikini, or a swimsuit. That is when you realize just how much conscious darkened thighs can make you feel. There is good news though. You can lighten the dark spots on inner thighs with easy to use home remedies that work as great as medical treatments such as laser and chemical peeling. Below is a guideline on how to get rid of dark inner thighs fast with home remedies:
Coconut Oil for Dark Inner Thighs
Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids that helps to moisturize and rejuvenate the skin while lightening it by fighting the hyperpigmentation. Couple this with its natural anti-oxidant properties and you have the making for one of the best natural home remedies for dark inner thighs. Here is how to use coconut oil to lighten black inner thighs naturally.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to 3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Massage the mixture gently on the darkened areas of inner thigh for 10 minutes or so.
- Rinse the mixture of with warm water 5 minutes down the line.
- Repeat the process once every day until you get the desired results.
Aloe vera is an amazing remedy for skin repair owing to its antioxidant, moisturizing and skin soothing properties. It can help to fight the hyperpigmentation that result in dark inner thighs when applied consistently. You may also want to mix it with almond oil for an even more powerful inner thigh lightening action; almond oil is rich in vitamin E.
- Obtain a fresh aloe vera leaf and extract its gel by squeezing it out.
- Massage the gel directly on the darkened areas of inner thighs.
- Leave the gel on the skin for 15 to 2o minutes, then wash it off with warm water.
- Repeat this process 2 times daily until the dark spots have been fully removed.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel with a few drops of almond oil.
- Massage your inner thighs with the mixture until it gets absorbed into the skin
- Leave it on for 20 minutes thereabout, then rinse your skin with water
- Repeat this home treatment twice daily for best skin whitening results.
Lemon is an amazing natural bleach and coupled with its cell growth promoting action, thanks to its abundance of vitamin C, makes for an amazing natural remedy for dark spots on inner thighs.
Here is how to get rid of dark inner thighs naturally with lemon juice:
Method 1: Pure Lemon Juice Remedy
- Cut a Lemon into two halves and squeeze out the juice.
- Dab the lemon juice gently on all the dark areas of skin between thighs. If you have sensitive skin, dilute the lemon juice with an equal proportion of water first.
- Wash the lemon juice out with water after 15-20 minutes, then apply a moisturizer.
- Use this treatment 2-3 times each week until the dark spots have fully healed.
Method 2: Lemon Juice, Glycerin, and Rose water Pack
- Mix 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice and glycerin, then add 5 drops or so of rose water.
- Mix the ingredients properly, then apply the pack on those dark inner thighs.
- Allow the pack to work overnight and wash it off with warm water in the morning.
- Repeat this home treatment every day until you have achieved the desired results.
Yoghurt is also effective in lightening of dark skin between thighs. It is an effective yet gentle natural bleaching agent. Yoghurt bleaching action is attributed to its abundance of lactic acid. It is also rich in zinc which can help to combat sunburn, assuming it is the underlying cause of dark inner thighs.
Method 1: Plain Yoghurt
- Apply some plain yoghurt all over the parts of inner thighs affected by dark spots.
- Allow it to work in for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat the process one time every day until you eliminate the darkened thighs.
Method 2: Yoghurt and Lemon Juice Paste
- Cut a lemon into two halves, then squeeze out its juice.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of plain yoghurt and blend thoroughly to attain a fine paste.
- [optional] If you want, pour in 1 teaspoon each of turmeric and gram flour.
- Apply the paste to the areas of inner thigh afflicted with dark patches.
- Wash the paste off after 20 minutes.
- Repeat the process 3 times each week to effectively remove dark inner thighs.
Oatmeal also counts as one of the best home remedies to get rid of dark areas between thighs, thanks to its exfoliating action. Used correctly and consistently, oatmeal helps to not only lighten the skin but also leaves it soft, supple and glowing.
Method 1: Oatmeal and Tomato Juice Paste
- Get 2 tablespoons of oatmeal powder.
- Add some tomato juice to make a paste that is easy to work with.
- Massage the paste gently all over the black areas of inner thighs.
- After 20 minutes, add a little water to wet the paste, then scrub gently with your hands.
- Finish off by splashing cold water on the area until the paste get washed off.
- Follow the steps above 2-3 times every week until you have achieved desirable results.
Method 2: Oatmeal, Lemon Juice, and Yoghurt Paste
- Combine 1 teaspoon each of oatmeal powder, freshly squeezed lemon juice and yoghurt.
- Apply the paste to your inner thighs.
- Allow the paste enough time to dry, then wash it off with warm water.
Method 3: Oatmeal, Lemon Juice and Turmeric Paste
- Get 1 teaspoon of oatmeal powder.
- Add 3-5 drops of lemon juice followed by a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Apply the resulting paste on the darkened areas of inner thighs.
- Wash it off after 20 minutes.
- Follow the steps 2-3 times a week and that dark skin between thighs will soon be faded.
The bleaching and healing properties of cucumber also makes it one of the most effective natural home remedies for dark inner thighs. It is also suited for use on all skin types. To lighten dark thighs naturally with cucumber, follow these steps:
Method 1: Cucumber Slices
- Cut thin slices from fresh cucumber.
- Place the slices on the areas of inner thigh affected by dark skin.
- Remove the slice after 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse the skin with water.
- Do this 1-2 times each day until the dark spots clear.
Method 2: Cucumber, Lemon Juice, Turmeric, and Sandalwood Paste
- Grate a peeled cucumber to obtain a fine paste.
- To 1 tablespoon of the cucumber paste, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice followed by ½ teaspoon each of sandalwood powder and turmeric.
- Apply the mixture on your inner thighs and leave it on for 15-20 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
- Repeat this at-home treatment once daily until those dark inner highs lighten.
As a natural exfoliant, baking soda is yet another superb home remedy for dark inner thighs. It helps to fight skin hyperpigmentation and improve your inner thigh complexion by getting rid of the darkened and sun-damaged skin cells.
Method 1: Pure Baking Soda Paste
- Combine 3 tablespoons of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Apply the mixture on the darkened areas of inner thighs.
- Allow it to work for 10 minutes, then wash it off with water.
- Do this 2 to 3 times each day until you have attained the desired results.
Method 2: Baking Soda and Milk Paste for Dark Inner Thighs Lightening
- Combine 1 tablespoon each of baking soda and milk.
- [Optional] Add a little honey to the paste and stir thoroughly till well blended.
- Apply the resulting mixture to your thighs and massage it in gentle circular motions.
- Rinse it off after 10 minutes or so.
- Repeat the process 3 times each week for best results.
Orange peel help to lighten and remove dark skin between legs in various ways. First it is a natural bleaching agent which makes it good for fighting skin hyperpigmentation. Secondly, it is rich in vitamin C which is essential for overall health of the skin. It also has natural exfoliating properties which helps to get rid of dead and sun damaged skin cells.
Here is how to get rid of dark inner thighs naturally with orange peels:
- Get a cup of orange peel and put them in the sun to dry out.
- Grind the peels into a fine powder with the help of food processor.
- Pour 2 tablespoon of the orange peel powder in a small bowl followed by enough rose water to make a paste that is thick yet easy to work with.
- Add in some honey and blend thoroughly.
- Apply the paste on the dark inner thighs.
- Wet your hands and use them to scrub the paste off after25 minutes or so.
- Finally rinse the treatment areas with water.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times each week.
Used consistently, these home remedies for dark inner thighs will help to get rid of the problem and give you regular complexion.