The reason why cellulite is more common in women than it is in men is because of structural differences in the way fat is stored. Add to this the fact that women are prone to hormonal changes and it explains why a large percentage of them suffer cellulite in their lifetime. While there is an array of creams and procedures that promise to be the way through which to get rid of cellulite fast, they come at a cost and with possible side effects. This makes the various options there are on how to get rid of cellulite naturally more reliable. Below we discuss natural home treatments for cellulite using readily available ingredients, cellulite removal exercises and anti-cellulite foods.
How to Get Rid Of Cellulite Naturally
Going by other soft descriptors such as cottage cheese thighs, orange peel skin and hail damage, cellulite is a nightmare to most adult women as it affects 85 percent of them. Cellulite is made up of free floating fat cells deposited beneath the skin and is most common in the thighs but can also appear on the bum, stomach and behind the legs.
It causes the skin to have a distinct appearance with the surface being dimpled giving it a cottage cheese or orange peels appearance. The causes of cellulite range from genetics, hormonal imbalance and unhealthy lifestyles. To effectively get rid of cellulite, it is important to act on them as soon as they appear. To manage it and minimize its visibility, here are various methods on how to get rid of cellulite naturally.
Skin Brushing and Massage to Get Rid of Cellulite at Home
The lymph is a part sitting underneath the skin’s surface. By stimulating it, toxins are circulated into the relevant elimination channels and released from the body. This can be achieved by dry brushing the skin as well as massaging it.
Rubbing a skin brush in circular motion over the bum, thighs, stomach or any other area of concern will help in breaking down fatty deposits as well as stimulate flow of blood and cell renewal. It also helps to open up pores on your skin.
Start in small durations such as a minute and work it up with time. By so doing, the skin gets time to adjust to the process and prevents it from sensitivity towards it. During the process, do not get the brush wet.
- With the brush in your hand, brush the area of concern towards the heart.
- Make use of long sweeps and avoid a back and forth motion.
- For the legs, start from the bottom upwards, on arms brush towards your chest and on the stomach brush anti-clockwise
The aim of the brushing is to invigorate and stimulate skin cells and blood flow. Do not brush too much to an extent of irritating the skin to redness. When choosing your skin brush, settle for one that has natural bristles and one that has an attachable handle to help use on hard to reach spots.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Naturally Fast Cellulite Removal
This contains potassium, calcium and magnesium; minerals that will help get rid of cellulite naturally. These help in flushing out toxins and getting rid of water retention around thighs and the stomach. This helps in getting rid of cellulite. When consumed, apple cider vinegar also helps in weight loss. This helps in the overall reduction of cellulite pockets. Below is how to get rid of cellulite naturally using apple cedar vinegar.
- For every part of vinegar you use, dilute it with two parts of water. Add to this some honey.
- Rub the solution on the affected areas and allow to settle for 30 minutes before rinsing off using warm water.
- Repeat procedure each day until desired results are achieved.
Get Rid of Cellulite Naturally with Tangerine Oil
Tangerine oil has a detoxifying effect on the body. It acts to help break down pockets of fat as well as improve circulation of blood thus getting rid of cellulite. You can consume tangerine orally to boost metabolism by adding three drops of the oil to a glass of warm water. Take this daily. To use it topically:
- To a tablespoon of olive oil, add five drops of tangerine oil.
- Massage this in for 15 minutes.
- For at least an hour after application, avoid exposure to the sun.
- Repeat daily for reduction of cellulite.
Ways to Reduce Cellulite Using Coffee Grounds
Coffee is stimulating for the skin and can be used topically or consumed to reap its benefits in cellulite elimination. Coffee grounds are coarse and act as a great exfoliating agent. They will help in getting rid of dead skin cells giving way for regeneration of new and healthy ones. When coffee is taken as a beverage, it helps in increasing the circulation of blood which is important in the process of banishing cellulite.
This involves adding other ingredients to coffee grounds for use in massaging the area affected by cellulite:
- To a quarter cup of coffee grounds, add three tablespoons of sugar and two tablespoons of liquid coconut oil.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly to form an even paste.
- Apply this on the area of concern using gentle massage.
- Allow to sit for a while before cleaning up with warm water.
- Repeat thrice a week until results are achieved.
Wraps are also another way to make use of coffee:
- Mix half a cup of coffee grounds and some extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Spread the now warm mixture on cellulite laden skin and use a plastic wrap to cover up the area.
- Leave it on for half an hour, get it off and rinse with warm water.
- Repeat procedure twice each week.
The use of coffee as a method on how to get rid of cellulite naturally may prove messy. It is therefore better applied in the bathroom. It may cause some tingly feeling which is a sensation that should with time help yield results in reduction of cellulite.
Seaweed Cellulite Natural Home Remedy
This is a natural exfoliator which will help to stimulate circulation, flush out harmful toxins as well as improve skin tone. All these play a positive role in eliminating cellulite. You can add seaweed in a bath tub filled with warm water and soak in it for 20 minutes. Repeat this twice every week. Another method on how to get rid of cellulite naturally using seaweed is as follows:
- Acquire some ground seaweed available in health stores and combine three tablespoons of it with quarter a cup of sea salt and extra virgin oil each.
- Use this mixture to massage the area with cellulite for ten minutes.
- Take a shower after this and apply a moisturizer.
- Repeat procedure each day.
How to Lose Cellulite on Thighs with Cayenne Pepper
With its ability to heat the body up, cayenne pepper helps to boost metabolism as well as burn fat. It also helps in flushing out toxins when consumed regularly and to get rid of dead skin cells replacing them with new ones. All these contribute towards the treatment and elimination of cellulite.
- Mix a tablespoon of powdered cayenne pepper, a teaspoon of ground ginger and fresh lemon juice from half a lemon in a glass of warm water.
- Drink this detox liquid twice each day to get rid of cellulite naturally.
Juniper Oil for Natural Cellulite Removal
This contains detoxifying agents that are effective in getting rid of water retention and therefore help in getting rid of cellulite naturally.
- In quarter a cup of olive oil, add 10 drops of juniper oil.
- Massage mixture into the affected skin for 10 minutes.
- Repeat procedure two times a day to eliminate cellulite.
How to Get Rid of Cellulite fast Using Green Clay
This stimulates the lymph circulation as well as blood flow. When massaged on the skin, it gets rid of skin cells, absorbs impurities, strengthens and repairs connective tissue. These all go a long way in ridding the body off cellulite.
- Mix equal amounts of green clay and seaweed with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Mix until all ingredients are well distributed and add a tablespoon of honey and an amount of water enough to form a thick yet consistent paste.
- Using circular motion, rub this remedy on your areas of concern then cover it up with a plastic wrap.
- Allow it to rest for half an hour before washing off with warm water.
Hydrate to Reduce Cellulite
Cellulite does not form overnight. It is as a result of toxins accumulated in the skin with time. One natural and easy way to get rid of the toxins beneath the skin that are a cause of cellulite is by consuming enough water.
Drinking water ensures that you remain well hydrated and that toxins are flushed out of the body. The end result is an evenly textured skin with a healthy glow. In addition to consuming the recommended eight glasses of water, incorporate foods with a high water content such as leafy vegetables, cucumbers and melons. In case plain water is unappealing for you, add some lemon to add flavor.
How to Get Rid of Cellulite Naturally through Cellulite Removal Exercises
Moving and sweating ensures that as you get sweaty, toxins from the body are expelled through the skin. As such, exercise provides a toxin elimination avenue that ought not to be ignored in the natural removal of cellulite.
In addition, exercise also tones, tightens and lengthens your body muscles thus reducing the visibility of cellulite. While supporting this, DR. Jeffrey Sklar, an assistant professor of dermatology had this to say:
“You won’t find a cellulite cure in cosmetic products or procedures… The more muscle-tone you have, the less of a problem it will be.”
To help target cellulite, there are specific cellulite removal exercises you can adopt. These will help in toning the skin and giving it an even texture with time that is free from cellulite dimples. To help achieve this, below are some exercises:
Chair Pose Exercise for Cellulite Removal on the Butt and Thighs
The chair pose is a yoga exercise that helps in working out the thighs, butt, calves and hamstrings. It is therefore appropriate for cellulite.
- Stand with your palms together at the chest and your feet together as well.
- Spread out your toes and shift your weight to the heels.
- With the palms still together, extend your arms overhead and bend your knees to sink into an imaginary chair.
- Hold onto the position for 10 seconds before returning to the initial position.
- Repeat three sets of these.
Lateral Side Raises for Cellulite on the Back of Legs and Hip Area
The side leg raises are known to utilize a number of muscles with the body weight providing resistance. They are an effective way of toning the hip area and thus getting rid of cellulite around the hips and mid-thigh.
The exercise can be done while standing or lying down. While standing, you move the legs outward whereas when done lying down you move the legs upwards each at a time.
Squats for Thigh and Butt Cellulite Removal
Squats help in toning your butt and will help burn fat around the gluts. These are simple to do but the right position has to be assumed to avoid injury. Once used to basic squats, variations such as side squats and inclusion of weights can help go a long way.
- With your head facing forward, stand with chest held up and out.
- Have your feet placed shoulder-wide and extend your hands straight out to the front.
- Lower down your body like you are sitting to an imaginary chair allowing your lower body to arch slightly as you go down.
- Descend until your thighs are at a parallel position in relation to the floor and the knees are over your ankles but not beyond your toes.
- Bring yourself back to the starting point by keeping your body tight and pushing through the heels.
To get rid of cellulite naturally through cellulite removal exercises requires that you stick to your workout program. By so doing, you not only use exercise as a way on how to get rid of cellulite naturally but also prevent its recurrence with an ongoing exercise regimen. To better explain the above and more exercises, below is a You Tube video on how to get rid of cellulite naturally through exercise:
How to Get Rid of Cellulite Naturally with Anti Cellulite Foods
Like earlier discussed, toxins have a great role in the formation of cellulite as they are the ones responsible for slowing down circulation and causing the skin to lose its elasticity. As such, adopting an anti-cellulite diet in which you eliminate cellulite causing foods and adopt more of the anti-cellulite foods is important. This when practiced with a healthy lifestyle will help rid the skin off cellulite. To achieve this, below are tips on the foods you should consider as a part of your cellulite diet:
- Eat the brightly colored fruits and vegetables to help shed toxins through their antioxidant properties.
- Foods that are rich in vitamin C are also great cellulite busters.
- Skin strengthening foods as well as diuretics are also great at warding off cellulite naturally.
On the other hand, avoid foods that contribute to the appearance of cellulite.
- Processed fatty foods could lead to accumulation of excess fat beneath the skin thus causing cellulite. Instead choose foods with healthy fats such as nuts.
- Caffeine is known to affect the flow of blood and it is therefore important to avoid drinks such as coffee, tea and cola. Keep their consumption minimal.
- Smoking and alcohol add toxins to your body and can accelerate cellulite. Quitting these is one of the ways on how to get rid of cellulite naturally.
- According to mirror.co.uk, excessive consumption of sugar in the body slows down production of collagen.
Among some of the top anti-cellulite foods you can consume to banish cellulite include:
Papaya helps in preventing body tissue damage. This nutritional power house is also a natural source of vitamin C. Studies have shown that a low level of vitamin C in the blood is linked to increased accumulation of fat and thus could increase appearance of cellulite.
Its presence on the other hand will help build healthy and strong connective tissue, strengthening of blood vessels as well as increasing circulation of blood. These all help in controlling and preventing cellulite naturally and can be achieved by eating papaya.
These are rich in anti-cellulite nutrients. They contain vitamin C, beta-carotene and potassium among other nutrients. They are also rich in antioxidant elements. These nutrients contribute towards the elimination of toxins as well as improved circulation which are basic elements in eliminating cellulite.
While most people avoid avocados due to their high calories, these fruits contain oleic acid which helps in curbing appetite naturally which is good for people fighting weight gain induced cellulite. In addition, they contain vitamins B-Complex, C and E. They also contain glutathione; an extremely effective antioxidant.
With the above methods on how to get rid of cellulite naturally, consistency is important. Whatever you choose whether a natural home treatment, exercise or food will not yield instant results. It will require regular use for the visibility of cellulite to be reduced and eventually eliminated. Be persistent until desired results are achieved.
Mirror.co.uk: Cellulite: Foods, Exercise and Diets to Help Remove it
Healwithfood.org: Foods to Eat to Get Rid of Cellulite
Popsugar.com: What to Know about Reducing Cellulite
Washingtonian.com: 5 exercises to get rid of Cellulite
Womenslife.today: How to Get Rid of Cellulite forever
Mindbodygreen.com: Tips to Naturally Reduce Cellulite